Richardson Motor Pool
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#76: Re: Richardson Motor Pool Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:46 pm
    ----
Frankly, I'm not sure what the difference is between a T26E3 and an M26 except for redesignation/type classification after the fact... Technically, I'd "like" to call it a T26E3 if it was first built as a T26E3 (ie before the date of type classification) and an M26 if it was built after type classification...

But I'm not aware of any material differences?

Neil

#77: Re: Richardson Motor Pool Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:07 pm
    ----
I figured if it is a T26E3 (with a data plate stating so...) then it is a T26E3 and not an M26.

I would assume if it was 'upgraded' to an M26 then the data plate would reflect the change. Whether restamped (or stamped over) or re-plated, 'upgraded' vehicles which bare the new title, usually have some sort of official labeling to reflect the redesignation.

JMHO
Regards
Don

#78: Re: Richardson Motor Pool Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:14 pm
    ----
Yeah, except there seems to be a lot of M114s out there with "T114" data plates...

I dont think any actual "upgrading" took place. AFAIK, the change from T26E3 to M26 took place entirely on paper...

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board