M42 Duster
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M42 Duster Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:53 pm
    ----
Interesting information that arises when one finds a data plate.

This is the data plate from the M42 Duster, located on the left wall of the drivers compartment.

Note the original nomenclature which is stamped over with M42A1. SN is plain to see as 256.

Don

#2: Re: M42 Duster Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:18 pm
    ----
What is stamped into the mod plate on the hull rear?

Is there a R/N for this vehicle?

KL

#3: Re: M42 Duster Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:32 pm
    ----
- Kurt_Laughlin
What is stamped into the mod plate on the hull rear?

Is there a R/N for this vehicle?

KL

I believe the RN may be 12C087, which I found painted on the vehicle.

Here is the rear hull data plate

Don

#4: Re: M42 Duster Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:11 am
    ----
Don What are the numbers on the top of the rear hull plate I seem to make out 256 on the left but what is on the right?

#5: Re: M42 Duster Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:23 am
    ----
Looks like 256 3 256, which not surprisingly, matches the inside data plate Neutral

The 3 is not an uncommon artifact, signifying ???

Keep looking, I guess.

Thanks Don.

KL

#6: Re: M42 Duster Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:08 pm
    ----
I found photos of the 'Duster' at Ft McCoy for comparison to the Ft Knox M42 data plate. Unfortunately I don't have any SN or RN data from that vehicle.

The numbered MWO's are similiar, if the McCoy vehicle is to be considered a later production version, as the listed numbers are a higher sequence.

Still no clue what the actual MWO #'s stand for.

Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board