Hidden Treasures in a Motor Pool
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Hidden Treasures in a Motor Pool Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:57 pm
    ----
While climbing & crawling thru the Motor Pool to ID vehicles, found a few interesting items laying around.

Regards
Don

#2: Re: Hidden Treasures in a Motor Pool Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:00 pm
    ----
Looks like school house training aids no longer used.

Bottom two I'm quite familiar with. Although one is no longer the version used.

Check your PM

#3: Re: Hidden Treasures in a Motor Pool Author: ChrisC PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:12 pm
    ----
Hey!
I'm the item manager for that bottom one (at least the current version....)

#4: Re: Hidden Treasures in a Motor Pool Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:47 pm
    ----
Okay what is it?

#5: Re: Hidden Treasures in a Motor Pool Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:26 pm
    ----
The last item is a older version of a fuel nozzle for the M1A1.

The item before that is an 'exciter' (or is that the 'ignitor'??). Sorta the spark plug on the Abrams.

Don

#6: Re: Hidden Treasures in a Motor Pool Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:04 am
    ----
M151A"X". Ummmm, all the handling of a Lotus Elan! Laughing

#7: Re: Hidden Treasures in a Motor Pool Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:34 am
    ----
Ascout

When I first saw the M151 grill, for some reason it reminded me of one of the episodes of 'MASH', inwhich 'Radar' was suspected of mailing home a jeep, piece by piece, thru the mail.

Regards
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board