Camp Shelby MS outdoor displays
-> Artillery Forum

#1: Camp Shelby MS outdoor displays Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:33 pm
    ----
Here are the Artillery pieces on display outside the museum,

I ID'd them using the museum's plaques, so don't blame me if they are wrong Smile .

I have more pictures of them so if anyone needs a shot of something particular, let me know, I might have it.

Camp Shelby outdoor display

#2: Re: Camp Shelby MS outdoor displays Author: Dennis_Smith PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:20 pm
    ----
Hey Joe! That 155 reminded me of my dad's 1942 Camp Shelby basic training book. I had to dig it out take some pictures.

They used stuff left over from WW1 for basic.

#3: Re: Camp Shelby MS outdoor displays Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:05 am
    ----
Dennis,

That gun might be the same one he used since on the plaque it said it was use at Shelby for training during WWII.

#4: Re: Camp Shelby MS outdoor displays Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:24 am
    ----
Missed one...if it's still there.

There's another M114/M1 over in front of one of the HQ buildings. I took pics of it in Dec 2003. I can see what I've got if anyone is interested.

Chuck

#5: Re: Camp Shelby MS outdoor displays Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:40 pm
    ----
Actually,

IIRC there are two in front of the parade field bracketing the flag pole. I didn't get pictures of them Sad . Not enogh time.

-> Artillery Forum