Earthquake hits Uhu_Rodion's hometown
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#1: Earthquake hits Uhu_Rodion's hometown Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:23 pm
    ----
Herewith I wish to inform you all that Marco's (Uhu_Rodion) Hometown of L'Aquila in Italy and the surrounds has been hit by a severe Earthquake last night.

The level of destruction is tremendous and there is no power and water supply at the moment.

I managed to get telephonical contact with Marco this morning and he and his family and house are OK.

It could take a while till all services are restored so he probably will be AWOL for sometime.

I'll keep you all informed as things go ahead and hopefully Marco can join us soon again.

#2: Re: Earthquake hits Uhu_Rodion's hometown Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:27 pm
    ----
Thanks Fled, I was just searching for Marco's profile as I was sure he lived in that area.

Please keep us informed of any news you get Fled.

Many thanks.

#3: Re: Earthquake hits Uhu_Rodion's hometown Author: WolfeLocation: Away Down South in Dixie, USA PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:54 pm
    ----
Good to hear him and his are ok.

#4: Re: Earthquake hits Uhu_Rodion's hometown Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:55 pm
    ----
That's good news, thanks for keeping us informed

#5: Re: Earthquake hits Uhu_Rodion's hometown Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:53 pm
    ----
Phew close one huh, thanks for the update Fled and next time you speak to Marco let him know we are allthinking about him & his and wish the town a speedy recovery.

#6: Re: Earthquake hits Uhu_Rodion's hometown Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:54 pm
    ----
Ola Gents,

Wolter reported correctly, here the situation is dramatic, to say the least: old houses razed to ground - even historical buildings; new contructions opened like tin cans... and we're still under pressure, because earth doesn't stop trembling, and we are prepared for the worse.
The list of dead people increases by the hour.

So I feel very, very lucky we are all safe, and our house, in spite of everything, is still in one piece. Let's try to see the funny side: there's just one thing that got literally in smithereens - the barbecue... paradoxical!
Shocked
Smile
Marco

#7: Re: Earthquake hits Uhu_Rodion's hometown Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:13 am
    ----
WHEW! I was sweating it Marco and I'm sure glad you and yours is ok.

#8: Re: Earthquake hits Uhu_Rodion's hometown Author: 401RCAF_AceLocation: Deepest, darkest England PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:38 am
    ----
I'm so glad to hear you and your family are OK.

#9: Re: Earthquake hits Uhu_Rodion's hometown Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:12 pm
    ----
Really good news that you and the family are OK! It's really sad news about all the devastation in your area. I as well everyone else here in the States are thinking about your country and the people and hope that no more sadness arises from this disaster. Take care Marco and hope to see you back soon.

#10: Re: Earthquake hits Uhu_Rodion's hometown Author: lazyeight PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:38 pm
    ----
Marco,
Thanks to you and Fled for your update. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families who have lost loved ones. Very happy that you have come through with only the barbecue loss. Keep us posted.

#11: Re: Earthquake hits Uhu_Rodion's hometown Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:45 am
    ----
Glad to hear that you and your family are ok Marco..

#12: Re: Earthquake hits Uhu_Rodion's hometown Author: siskensLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:06 pm
    ----
Just saw the latest footage on TV - absolutely bad! So glad to hear you and the family are OK. Wish you all our best!

#13: Re: Earthquake hits Uhu_Rodion's hometown Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:47 am
    ----
First report of this tragedy was our Italian colleagues mentioning at a medical congress in Amsterdam over the weekend...have many friends there. I'm sure everybodies' thoughts are with you and your neighbors. Especially relieved to hear that you are OK, though.

Please let others there know that concern and sorrow at their loss extends well beyond any borders.

#14: Re: Earthquake hits Uhu_Rodion's hometown Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:16 am
    ----
Glad you're okay 'Roddy'.
I was in Sorrento and didn't feel a thing.
Actually felt more separated from it than I would have liked.
I assume the locals were talking about it, just not to us.
I refuse to learn Italian* so I couldn't tell.

*Love to hear Italian's speaking Italian; It's like music.
But I'm fearful that I won't enjoy it so much if I were to actually understand much of what's being said.

#15: Re: Earthquake hits Uhu_Rodion's hometown Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:37 am
    ----
- Shades
*Love to hear Italian's speaking Italian; It's like music.
But I'm fearful that I won't enjoy it so much if I were to actually understand much of what's being said.

poppycock !

even the little children there speak it Razz

-> Officer's Club