ID help needed
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: ID help needed Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:35 pm
    ----
Found this photo with 'post it'note of being on MBT 70. I think this is from something else.

Anyone got a clue as to what it might have come from?

Don

#2: Re: ID help needed Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:45 am
    ----
Hi,

It looks to me like it's sitting on the front edge of the turret ring of whatever it's on, extending forward over/onto the glacis and to the rear. The hull seems to have cast-in headlight covers, and the lift rings are big enough for a tank hull, but I can't see much beyond that.

It doesn't look big enough, but it reminds me of a prototype gun-only turret arrangement, similar to the M60A2 setup. Maybe an early autoloader turret prototype?

Chuck

#3: Re: ID help needed Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:15 am
    ----
Don,

Although this is not exactly the same, I believe your image above is of an MBT-70.

Notice the similarities of the area behind the gun mantle and the same circular aperture left of the gun. Also the same type bead weld lettering looks present. Maybe this is a later model gun mantle on the same tank.

#4: Re: ID help needed Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:29 pm
    ----
Yup

#5: Re: ID help needed Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:45 pm
    ----
- MarkHolloway
Yup

Mark,

Fixed it for you. No need to thank, that's just how we roll here at C-C. Mr. Green

#6: Re: ID help needed Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:20 am
    ----
You guys need to give a spew alert,

I now have to clean my keyboard and Monitor.

#7: Re: ID help needed Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:02 am
    ----
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE 'SPEW ALERT' icon or something like that.??

One of ya'lls amazing admin guys needs to do some homework.. Wink

Don

#8: Re: ID help needed Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:17 am
    ----
LOL! That's the funniest thing I've seen lately. I'm not laughing with me, I'm laughing at me Laughing

#9: Re: ID help needed Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:17 am
    ----
Sort of a problem when the senior admin is the cause of the problem Confused

Oh and just to get the grammar straight

it is spelled y'all and is plural. you don't add an s to it. Doing that says you've been spending too much time with DAMNYANKEES Mad

#10: Re: ID help needed Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:25 am
    ----
Rolling Eyes

okay, okay....just a little faux pax, or is it Foe Pa ?? Laughing

Don

#11: Re: ID help needed Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:28 am
    ----
- Dontos
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE 'SPEW ALERT' icon or something like that.??

One of ya'lls amazing admin guys needs to do some homework.. Wink

Don

It' probably an etiquette thing, it being considered presumptuous to declare your own post "spew-worthy"....that being the prerogative of the constituency. One never knows until ex post facto.

Or something like that.

Don,
okay, okay....just a little faux pax, or is it Foe Pa ??

...more like foie gras, non? Laughing

#12: Re: ID help needed Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:00 pm
    ----
Foe Pa??

Isn't that what you get when you refer to your date as a "Hot Piece of Ass" when her father is standing right behind you...? Shocked

-> AFV News Discussion Board