Patton Museum 60th Anniversary display...
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Patton Museum 60th Anniversary display... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:34 pm
    ----
Jeff

The posters are pretty large, if they are the same size that is currently displayed at the gift shop, unless you want somethig the size of the 'fathead' wall posters.....

Speaking of which, for you Abrams fans who have a sizeable wall space that needs something....

s7d2.scene7.com/is/ima...r=0xdedede

www.fathead.com/milita...rams-tank/

Regards
Don

#17: Re: Patton Museum 60th Anniversary display... Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:50 pm
    ----
If that has been a Sherman I would have already owned it. Laughing

#18: Re: Patton Museum 60th Anniversary display... Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:11 pm
    ----
- Dontos

Its why 'we' let you keep coming back......ha ha ha.

Oh, that's why. I thought it was because I was a big enough fool to take on the Panzer IV as my project. I know it's not because of my charming personality. Laughing

#19: Re: Patton Museum 60th Anniversary display... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:49 pm
    ----
I spoke with the Gift Shop manager today. There are plenty of posters, and plans are to have them available during the event.

BTW Jeff, saw your package just waiting for the fedex guy, its 'in the mail'.

Don

#20: Re: Patton Museum 60th Anniversary display... Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:15 pm
    ----
Thanks for the update. Smile

#21: Re: Patton Museum 60th Anniversary display... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:26 pm
    ----
- JeffStringer
If that has been a Sherman I would have already owned it. Laughing

I bet there's a niche market for M60's as well. Wink

#22: Re: Patton Museum 60th Anniversary display... Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:42 pm
    ----
Don't they have a Panther G there to see?

#23: Re: Patton Museum 60th Anniversary display... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:53 am
    ----
The Panther 'G' is in Richardson MP.

SITREP: Friday Night

As of right now, on display is

German WWII: PAK 38, PAK 40, PAK 43, DEMAG, Schwimmwagen, Kubelwagen, Hetzer (G13), Sd Kfz 223, Sd Kfz 234/4, Kettenrad, Stuh 42

US: 8in Howitzer(Towed), M8 Armored Car, M4A3E8, M4A1, M4(105), M4A2, 2x M5 Stuart, M3 HT, M5 HT, M113 ACAV, M551, M10 TD

There are more than 10-15 additional vehicles from private / group participants, so there will be plenty of personnel and vehicle movement over the next two days.

I got too involved and don't have any photos, will have some tomorrow.

Regards
Don

#24: Re: Patton Museum 60th Anniversary display... Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:39 am
    ----
Sounds good, thanks for the info!

#25: Re: Patton Museum 60th Anniversary display... Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:17 pm
    ----
Pretty cool weekend as we just returned! Smile I was going to attend both days but I did manage to fill up all my cards and got lots of sun doing it so one day was enough ... well enough for the wife that is.

I'll try to post a few pics and I ran some video, mainly of the Shermans firing up where they were parked. I didn't get there in time for the Stuarts but the Shermans made up for it! Razz

#26: Re: Patton Museum 60th Anniversary display... Author: binder001 PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:57 am
    ----
Jeff, wasn't that a great show? I did get the Stuarts and the Shermans moving out on Sat. Bad news is that when I got up to the battle viewing area I was aced out of decent spots for video. I did it over again on Sun and it looks better.

Did you get a good shot of the P51 on Saturday? I kept missing him. He wasn't there on Sunday.

I shot a few hundred photos on Fri-Sat-Sun. I'm sitting here trying to get the captions labelled and culling duplicates.

WOW what a weekend!

Gary B

-> AFV News Discussion Board