Tank Track
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Tank Track Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:55 am
    ----
- MarkHolloway
I couldn't find the old post but the same track was used on M41, M42, M59, M75 and others. Tried searching but no luck. Where's Doug? HELP!!!! Neutral

Closest related topic I could find...

www.com-central.net/in...;view=next

#17: Re: Tank Track Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:18 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
...and to think I used to consider Jeff, Mark and Don were fairly rational guys. Rolling Eyes

Gee Doug, 'Fairly Rational'..?? THANK YOU!! Twisted Evil

They are now going on my "watch list".

That makes you a 'peeper', ( ha ha ha )

So who's watchin' the 'watcher' ?? Cool

Mr. Green
Don

#18: Re: Tank Track Author: RhinoQLocation: The Great Plains PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:39 am
    ----
Oh I like top "5/10" list...

1. M60
2. M48
3. M47
4. M41
5. M1

I grew up in the navy so i never got to see that many army vehicles in action during the 80's but this last weekend at the Fort Snelling Military Museum they started up the M60 and drove it around the field thatw as pretty cool for me...they have a great air/tank combo museum going on there and a just finished M5 too!

#19: Re: Tank Track Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:13 am
    ----
RhinoQ,

Although I spent the majority of my career on M1's, I still have that unforgettable sound in my head of those lovely AVDS 1790 diesels roaring along with their clanking of the exhaust stacks and whining (pre-VDESS) blower motors. Cliche and all, we were tankers then, taking nothing away from my cold war M1 brethren (I did that too). Lost something in the 90's though.

There's a whole generation of tankers (and future tankers) that will never know that sound. The way things are going the whining of a turbine will be around for a long, long time.

#20: Re: Tank Track Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:45 am
    ----
- Joe_D
RhinoQ,

Although I spent the majority of my career on M1's, I still have that unforgettable sound in my head of those lovely AVDS 1790 diesels roaring along with their clanking of the exhaust stacks and whining (pre-VDESS) blower motors. Cliche and all, we were tankers then, taking nothing away from my cold war M1 brethren (I did that too). Lost something in the 90's though.

There's a whole generation of tankers (and future tankers) that will never know that sound. The way things are going the whining of a turbine will be around for a long, long time.

Then here's a trip down memory lane:

First is the 5th RCC, based at Rio Negro, Brazil (featured this unit after my visit there a couple or three years ago, thread is out there somewhere). A3's are rather heavy vehicles for the local infrastructure and general road conditions, to say nothing of a lot of wet ground, but they manage alright.

www.youtube.com/watch?...re=related

Some nice sounds from this unit also, even with the music:

Here's a nice clanky, squealy, whiny drive-by...

Some nice mechanical music here, too:

#21: Re: Tank Track Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:40 pm
    ----
That's what I was looking for Doug. Thanks. I couldn't find it for some reason. You da man!

-> AFV News Discussion Board