need opinions...
-> Hardware

#1: need opinions... Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:43 pm
    ----
-S-

If you were shopping for a new video card..what would you get and why, the GForce GTX 295 ( with its big memory interface ) or the ATI Radion 4870 X2. Also..anybody have the new AMD Phenom II X4 955 cpu ?, its AM3 but can run AM2 as well. Hoping to upgrade the system and want to know if any compatable issues, I have read about the bias problems with the new AMD 955 cpu and the 940 is an option, cheaper too.

Hammer Laughing Cool Laughing Cool Laughing

#2: Re: need opinions... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:18 pm
    ----
I'd go for the: EVGA 285

#3: Re: need opinions... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:17 pm
    ----
Nvidea. It seems as if ATI is having a few issues at the moment. Wink

#4: Re: need opinions... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:43 pm
    ----
oi bushy !

why's my link not working properly ??

#5: Re: need opinions... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:05 pm
    ----
Wink invalid URL. It's fixed ...

#6: Re: need opinions... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:25 pm
    ----
Shocked I need to get to that eye doctor thing ................................ Cool

#7: Re: need opinions... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:56 pm
    ----
Bit of research required here Young Hammer m'lad, but THIS may be of use.

Always use Tom's when I'm comparing hardware.

Wink

#8: Re: need opinions... Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:44 pm
    ----
-S-

Thans for the advice boys and the link Shades

Hammer Smile Cool Smile Cool Smile

-> Hardware