Latrun Armor Museum, Israel
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: Latrun Armor Museum, Israel Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:17 pm
    ----
latest update, we now have Latrun number 4 and this is the last of what I saw if you have any pics to add please do. if you don't want to sign up send pics to me and I will post in your name....
CLICK HERE tinyurl.com/osa5mn

#32: Re: Latrun Armor Museum, Israel Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:36 pm
    ----
TACOM designed an upgrade kit for the M47 utilizing M60A1 components, much like the M48A3 program. Was for the export market. Called M47M. Bunch of them were converted for the Iranian Army. Pakistan also converted a bunch. Conversions were done in Iran for both. Gap between 5th and 6th road wheels was created so the AVDS-1790 oil pan would clear the torsion bars. Chrysler Espania also used the same kit for the Spanish Army, but I think they kept the 90mm.

Got some additional info by digging a book edited by OTO-Melara celebrating its 100th anniversay (1905-2005). The book say 140 M47 coming from Germany were upgraded by OTO, with a diesel engine (same as M60?) and 105/51. The tanks were sold to Pakistan.

Massimo

#33: Re: Latrun Armor Museum, Israel Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:51 pm
    ----
Roger, I would need some of your pictures without the watermarks please, we'd like to use them for "Sherman Minutia" website.

thanks

P-O

-> AFV News Discussion Board