Tiger II under restoration in Full
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#46: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:23 pm
    ----
I am assembling the shots from Full as we speak.

I still have to post-process pictures from Burgdorf (25 tanks) and Schaffausen (4 tanks). I should be able to visit the collection in Wildegg in the near future as well.

Massimo

#47: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: WimD.Location: The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:46 pm
    ----
A little update
Regards,
Wim.

#48: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: WimD.Location: The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:53 pm
    ----
And some more

#49: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: WimD.Location: The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:11 pm
    ----
Hi,

After my last visit in juli 2012 with Massimo the volunteers made a big progress!

For pictures look at "Bildergalerie"
www.koenigstiger.ch/aktuell.html

Regards,
Wim.

#50: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:52 pm
    ----
Great news! I am going to be there on Saturday, hopefully I'll let you know more

Massimo

#51: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:24 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
Great news! I am going to be there on Saturday, hopefully I'll let you know more

Massimo

Massimo, could you check the two M7B2s of the museum and get their serial numbers, please?

P-O

#52: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:09 am
    ----
As far as I remember, neither serial number is visible. But I'll give it another try

Massimo

#53: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:43 am
    ----
the number should be "in a box" just above the bolt strip of the differential housing :

P-O

Last edited by the_shadock on Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

#54: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:59 am
    ----
In the past I've just looked at the same location as the M4's serials, without results. I'll check them again.

Massimo

#55: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:02 pm
    ----
s/n for M7 Priest on display is 117

I don't have it for the Priest's wreck

Massimo

Last edited by Massimo_Foti on Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

#56: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:06 pm
    ----
Latest, good news on the Kingtiger:

- They are reassembling the suspensions and the whole running gear
- Engine is in Poland for restoration, should be back at the end of the year

It's worth noting that the transmission remained in Full.

Massimo

#57: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:08 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
s/n for M7 Priest on display is 117 (I think Pierre Oliver was looking for it)

I don't have it for the Priest's wreck

Massimo

thanks Massimo. It seems to be a bit low for an M7B2..

P-O

#58: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:15 pm
    ----
I am afraid I wasn't clear on the post above. The M7B2 on display has s/n 117.
Just to be clear, it's this tank:
www.flickr.com/photos/...4088553191

The Museum also owns an M7B2 wreck:
www.flickr.com/photos/...4088553191

I wasn't able to take a look at this one, since it's not on display. I'll give it a try in July.

The Museum doesn't owns any additional M7s that I am aware of.

Hope it will help

Massimo

#59: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:18 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
thanks Massimo. It seems to be a bit low for an M7B2..

I was thinking the same, but I am 100% sure on the number, it's perfectly readable, very clear, no way to make mistakes.
Could it be an M7 updated to B2 or all the B2 where made from scratch?

Massimo

#60: Re: Tiger II under restoration in Full Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:21 pm
    ----
Massimo,

I understood that you referred to that tank. A such low SN should fit with a very early M7 with radial engine and a riveted lower hull. These tanks were built on M3 Lee chassis :

The M7B2 displayed at Full should be built on an M4A3 chassis. I only know 4 M7B2 serial numbers, but they are all in the 4xxx range.

P-O

-> AFV News Discussion Board