11th ACR Color Guard
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: 11th ACR Color Guard Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:09 pm
    ----
Doesn't the 11th ACR have a mounted color guard? I'm wanting to contact them about a parade this October. Anyone have contact info? Thanks.

#2: Re: 11th ACR Color Guard Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:04 pm
    ----
Mark,
Don't know offhand, but the installation phone book can be downloaded here:

www.irwin.army.mil/Pos...eBook.aspx

#3: Re: 11th ACR Color Guard Author: Buq-Buq PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:34 pm
    ----
Mark:

Yes, they have a Horse Detachment as part of the Regimental HQ. We got to see them in action when we were at the Reunion last May. Great stuff . . .

I'm at work, so I don't have any additional info. Perhaps at home? Do you need me to look?

Mark

#4: Re: 11th ACR Color Guard Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:44 pm
    ----
Thanks all. Buq Buq I'd appreciate it if you can check and see what you have. They have a parade here every fall and the military is never here. Apparently because nobody ever invited them. I'm going to try and change that. I'd like to get the 1/221 Cav in Las Vegas to bring up an M1A1 but that may be asking too much!

#5: Re: 11th ACR Color Guard Author: Buq-Buq PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:48 am
    ----
Mark:

All I could find here is photos. I probably have a bit more info, but it is probably still boxed after a move last summer.

However, here is the current 11 ACR website:

www.irwin.army.mil/Uni...fault.aspx

and here is the page for the Horse Detachment (part of the Regimental Support Squadron):

www.irwin.army.mil/Uni...hment.aspx

They have a phone number listed; I'd give them a call. You can't get a "no" unless you ask! When we saw the "dog and pony show" at the reunion, they were a very eager bunch, and most excited to show off their capabilities. They said that they often made appearances at rodeos and parades. I bet they would get to your event if it was possible.

Mark

#6: Re: 11th ACR Color Guard Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:42 pm
    ----
Thanks for the info! I've heard last year there was an Air Force Color Guard. It's time the Cav came into town!

-> AFV News Discussion Board