What is this the track to ???
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: What is this the track to ??? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:57 am
    ----
Its at the Heartland Museum of Military Vehicles.

Neil

Last edited by Neil_Baumgardner on Tue May 26, 2009 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: What is this the track to ??? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:18 am
    ----
Neil,
It didn't show for me with that file extension. Try this:

farm3.static.flickr.co...35df2c.jpg

Somehow, it looks French to me, but I'm just guessing.

D.

#3: Re: What is this the track to ??? Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:57 am
    ----
Looks like the track assembly to an old Drag Line or Steam Shovel from the 20's or 30's.

That casing looks like the chain drive.

But that's just a guess

#4: Re: What is this the track to ??? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:48 am
    ----
Okay, that could be it. It appears that there are other tractors & similar equipment in the area around it.

Neil

#5: Re: What is this the track to ??? Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:59 pm
    ----
Certainly not having a raised front wheel usually implies it's not military.

#6: Re: What is this the track to ??? Author: PanzerwerkLocation: Palmdale CA PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:03 pm
    ----
New here , been watching this site for a couple years now , and have learned a ton !! Thanks

My guess is its the running gear from a Garfield-Holt 3 Ton 1918 Artillery tractor , or a similar model .

Click Here for Pic

Steve

#7: Re: What is this the track to ??? Author: PanzerwerkLocation: Palmdale CA PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:34 pm
    ----
Below is a link to the website I found the picture on with info about the vehicle :

Unarmored Half-Tracks

#8: Re: What is this the track to ??? Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:50 pm
    ----
Welcome

Steve.

#9: Re: What is this the track to ??? Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:27 pm
    ----
Yes indeed, Panzerwerk, you're welcome here - and it looks to me like you're right.

#10: Re: What is this the track to ??? Author: PanzerwerkLocation: Palmdale CA PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:37 pm
    ----
Thanks , I just got lucky ! Shocked

-> AFV News Discussion Board