Car bomb VS M1 tank video
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Car bomb VS M1 tank video Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:57 pm
    ----
Interesting use of military equipment.

www.break.com/index/ta...-bomb.html

#2: Re: Car bomb VS M1 tank video Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:56 pm
    ----
Nice way to bust a track...or worse. Shocked

#3: Re: Car bomb VS M1 tank video Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:07 pm
    ----
That's what I was thinking. I certainly wouldn't want it on video ... you know heads will roll over that.

#4: Re: Car bomb VS M1 tank video Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:23 pm
    ----
I wonder if this wasn't set up themselves for show with a controlled blast. No crew (and especially driver) would be to keen to drive over an IED of unknown size and someone is also right there in an adjacent vehicle turret to preserve the moment in pit'chers.

#5: Re: Car bomb VS M1 tank video Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:42 pm
    ----
I don't think the crew was deliberately diffusing a bomb.

Nothing mentioned in the link to say that, I think they were just turning around and it was just as easy to run over the car than by pass. I really doubt the TC would have left his hatch open if they actually thought there was a bomb there. I sure as hell wouldn't, and I sure as hell wouldn't run over an old wreck like that either. Those along with what's left of car bombs are bad Karma, since they love to put IED's in them for curious Truck/ foot patrols checking out the remains. We always gave cars like that a wide berth when passing them. Hoping they weren't there to make you move towards the actual one buried in a pile of trash. Drive yourself nuts trying guess where the surprise is. Many times you just duck down, grit your teeth and pray.

-> AFV News Discussion Board