Googles Wave...
-> Software

#1: Googles Wave... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:38 pm
    ----
Google is in the early stages of releasing a project called the "wave" and from a communications standpoint, looks veeeeeeery interesting.

Here's a link to a video showing a public debut. It's long but interesting. Smile

#2: Re: Googles Wave... Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:52 pm
    ----
Just found an hour to watch the vid...WOW.
I think the future has just been written, if Google Wave lives up to what they have just presented then the application of the 'wave' could be the next major step in the virtual world.

The ability to run your own wave server to allow 'in-house' applications opens many doors, the old forums could take on a whole new functionality and interactivity.

The first thing that sprung to my mind and also what the presenter alluded to in the demo was the Wiki, the way I see it, a bunch of people producing the article and once done, produced for the rest of the users to see.

If this thing takes off there could be quite a few programs become obsolete.

#3: Re: Googles Wave... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:06 pm
    ----
Yep, it's mind boggling taking in the whole concept and the potential for this. Like you, watching an hour long video takes a bit of planning but it's worth the watch. Wink

-> Software