First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -survivors
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:09 pm
    ----
- bialy-r
I thought about that vehicle which I have already add - this one from Parola in Finland

No picture displays for me, but might you mean one of these?

#17: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:38 am
    ----
unknown armoured car from Parola
www.rajajoki.com/tanks.html
and
www.rajajoki.com/kuvat/psm014.jpg

#18: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: palic PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:27 pm
    ----
According to Suomalaiset Panssarivaunut 1918 - 1997 (The Finnish Armoured Vehicles 1918 - 1997) book this seems to be SISU KOE A-27 Armoured Car cca 1937. Only a single vehicle was built for Ministry of Internal Affairs. NFDK

#19: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:36 pm
    ----
Rolls Royce Armoured Car

The Royal Air Force Regiment Museum RAF Regiment Depot RAF Honington
www.rafregiment.net/RA...Museum.htm

Rolls Royce Armoured Car

Replic from New Zealand
www.cfgphoto.com/img828.htm

#20: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:48 pm
    ----
Lancia Armoured Car - Royal Ulster Constabulary (RUC) Museum, Belfast (UK)

www.flickr.com/photos/...099527804/

#21: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:49 pm
    ----
?? Irish armoured car from 1920

#22: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:07 pm
    ----
- bialy-r
?? Irish armoured car from 1920

That's a Peerless Armoured Car

P-O

#23: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -survivors Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:04 am
    ----
Lancia Armoured Car - Royal Ulster Constabulary (RUC) Museum, Belfast (UK)

Looks like a Lancia Triota, same as the one in Cecchignola (Roma).

BTW I think the one in Roma doesn't belongs to the italian register. They were build on an italian-made chassis, but they never belonged to the italian army.

I'll try to contact Cecchignola's crew and see if I can get some info on how they've got their Triota

Massimo

#24: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -survivors Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:40 am
    ----
Meanwhile I'll visit the museum and see if I can get some better images...

#25: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:53 am
    ----
I'm looking for photo of Rolls Royce Armoured Car – The Somme Heritage Centre, Conlig, Northern Ireland (UK)

#26: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:05 am
    ----
- bialy-r
I'm looking for photo of Rolls Royce Armoured Car – The Somme Heritage Centre, Conlig, Northern Ireland (UK)

Its no longer there - apparently they couldn't get it started and nobody was interested in looking after it so it was sold to someone in England. I suspect it ended up in London.

#27: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:13 am
    ----
- JimWeb
apparently they couldn't get it started and nobody was interested in looking after it so it was sold

It is in good condition do you have maybe a photo of it or known a link to a photo.

For me it is very strength that Somme Heritage Centre sold so unique vehicle.

#28: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -survivors Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:19 am
    ----

Museums sometimes do strange things... Last time I was in Morges (Switzerland), I discovered they gave away their G-13 for free Shocked
I knew it went to Maginot Line Memorial Way, Barst (France) in 2007, after all there was no place to properly store it in Morges, but I expected the museum to make some money out of it...

Massimo

#29: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:36 am
    ----
- bialy-r
- JimWeb
apparently they couldn't get it started and nobody was interested in looking after it so it was sold

It is in good condition do you have maybe a photo of it or known a link to a photo.

I'll take a look through my museum leaflet collection and see if there is an image of it.

#30: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -survivors Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:50 am
    ----
- JimWeb
Meanwhile I'll visit the museum and see if I can get some better images...

Apparently all their vehicles are now stored at the Ulster Folk & Transport Museum so I will toddle down there tomorrow and see if I can get access.

-> AFV News Discussion Board