Need picture of backside the air intake cover for M4A1E8
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Need picture of backside the air intake cover for M4A1E8 Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:26 pm
    ----
If anyone can help, I need a view of the underneath this engine cooling air intake cover of the M4A1E8. The backside of the cover itself and inside the tank, both would be great! Smile

lh5.ggpht.com/_yCl6_ll...intake.JPG

I need it for a 1/16th project I am trying to complete and have looked everywhere except the Hunnicutt book itself.

Jeff

#2: Re: Need picture of backside the air intake cover for M4A1E8 Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:25 pm
    ----
Jeff,
A suggestion for you, check old FM/TMs.
In the past, I have contacted Candice the librarian there at PAM/Ft. Knox using an inter-library loan. I had a FM or two on loan when I worked on my M32 several years back...
SR

#3: Re: Need picture of backside the air intake cover for M4A1E8 Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:27 pm
    ----
I see it didnt post, but I dont recall that Hunnicutt had any of that detail in his book...

#4: Re: Need picture of backside the air intake cover for M4A1E8 Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:29 pm
    ----
sorry, another thought,
check with anyone who as a running/restored M4... the Museum in Hubbard OH (found on the registry) has running M4's. Someone there might be able to help you out with pictures etc...
SR

#5: Re: Need picture of backside the air intake cover for M4A1E8 Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:46 pm
    ----
The museum at Hubbard closed a couple years back. The collection was sold after the death of the owner. Supposedly at the time it was reported that the purchaser was going to have a museum in Titusville FL (if memory serves me right) but I haven't heard anythiung since then. It is a shame the Hubbard museum was a very nice one

-> AFV News Discussion Board