M32B1 Akron....click photo for bigger view
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M32B1 Akron....click photo for bigger view Author: recon4ww2Location: western Ohio PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:38 pm
    ----
Here's some photos of the M32B1 at Sam Winer Motors in Akron.
Enjoy,
Mike Haines

Last edited by recon4ww2 on Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: M32B1 Akron Author: recon4ww2Location: western Ohio PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:40 pm
    ----
M32B1

#3: Re: M32B1 Akron Author: recon4ww2Location: western Ohio PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:44 pm
    ----
Last 2

#4: Re: M32B1 Akron....click photo for bigger view Author: binder001 PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:10 pm
    ----
That M32B1 isn't in bad shape but it needs a better home. Is this being held as part of a collection or is it for sale? I'm surprised one of the armor museums hasn't picked it up yet.

Gary

#5: Re: M32B1 Akron....click photo for bigger view Author: recon4ww2Location: western Ohio PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:18 pm
    ----
Gary,
You're right it does need a new home ...... BAD! Sam Winer Motors is sort of a junk yard / parts dealer and vehicle dealer. I get the feeling they are hard to deal with on things like the M32. I haven't seen it for about 3 years so for all I know they may have sold it for scrap when the price of iron spiked, I hope not.
I don't have deep enough pockets to own such a vehicle but at on time I was trying to come up with some kind of non-profit foundation or something to save.
I heard that the late Mr. Venetta that owned the Hubbard collection looked at the M32 and said it was a too far gone. I disagree.
Mike Haines

#6: Re: M32B1 Akron....click photo for bigger view Author: BB-61Location: Yuma, AZ PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:04 pm
    ----
The M32 has been moved out of the backyard were it was stored and is now on display out across the street from their office on E. Waterloo Rd.

I went out there on the the 28th to look for the M5 Stuart and it was there with the M5 and a M4A3 Sherman.

I talk with a manager in the office about what they were going to do with them and he said they were just there as their calling cards and there is no plans to do any restoration work on any of them. I asked about them saleing them to a museum and he said when someone buys the company they get them in the deal. He didn't have any info on where they came from or their history, he did say he thought the M32 was a M32B2 model which if it is makes it the rarest of the models from what I could find on the internet.

I will post pics once I get back to Yuma off of vacation.

BB-61

#7: Re: M32B1 Akron....click photo for bigger view Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:56 pm
    ----
Its an M32B1...

#8: Re: M32B1 Akron....click photo for bigger view Author: recon4ww2Location: western Ohio PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:01 pm
    ----
The manager was wrong, it's nor a M32B2, it's a M32B1. the B2 had a welded hull and the twin GMC diesels. This one has the cast hull.
It's sad that they are willing to let those vehicles continue to rot and be vandalized. There should be an organization to rescue vehicles from people like that, sort of a Children's protective services for tanks.
Mike Haines

#9: Re: M32B1 Akron....click photo for bigger view Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:02 am
    ----
Mike, I've added your photos to the entry for this M32:

Unique ID 1845: M32B1 at Sam Winer Motors

-> AFV News Discussion Board