Who has seen the SP-70 proto at Saumur in 2004?
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Who has seen the SP-70 proto at Saumur in 2004? Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:54 am
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
I'm refering to the PzH 70, you refer to the PzH 2000 Mr. Green

Yes, and from what I can read, Trevor was referring to the PzH 2000 Mr. Green

Massimo

#17: Re: Who has seen the SP-70 proto at Saumur in 2004? Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:54 am
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
- Michel_Krauss
I'm refering to the PzH 70, you refer to the PzH 2000 Mr. Green

Yes, and from what I can read, Trevor was referring to the PzH 2000 Mr. Green

Massimo

I think your correct Laughing

Michel

#18: Re: Who has seen the SP-70 proto at Saumur in 2004? Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:50 pm
    ----
- jtrowbridge5
Trevor.of course its ok, glad to help at anytime
Dennis

Many thanks - photo's added:

UID 1491: Bovington SP-70

Preserved SP-70s

#19: Re: Who has seen the SP-70 proto at Saumur in 2004? Author: Smashy PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:06 am
    ----
- Michel_Krauss

At the Korean site, with picture's of the vehicle there is also a type C listed, however I can not find any reference about this version

Michel

Schedule C vehicles are Schedule B vehicles modified to production standard.

Surprised to see that you didn't spot that on JED Michel?

#20: Re: Who has seen the SP-70 proto at Saumur in 2004? Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:49 pm
    ----
- Smashy
- Michel_Krauss

At the Korean site, with picture's of the vehicle there is also a type C listed, however I can not find any reference about this version

Michel

Schedule C vehicles are Schedule B vehicles modified to production standard.

Surprised to see that you didn't spot that on JED Michel?

To be honest I forgot to check there Mr. Green

#21: Re: Who has seen the SP-70 proto at Saumur in 2004? Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:48 pm
    ----
- the_shadock

I wonder if the one seen at Saumur is a third one or the one from Munster...?

P-O

I have done a bit more Googling for the SP-70/PzH 70/PzH 155-1 that Tim told me about in Germany and the good news is that I believe I have tracked it to Meppen. At least it was seen there in 2002, according to a forum post (unfortunately the pictures are missing):

Scale Model Team site (German): www.network54.com/Foru...Artillerie

English translation by Google: translate.google.co.uk...Artillerie

I have therefore updated the entry and location for that vehicle:

Unique ID 326: Meppen PzH 70

Delving a bit deeper I believe the author of that post, 'Manfred / Hartziel', is Manfred Tegge, the webmaster of the excellent Hartziel.de website. It details surviving tanks, mostly on ranges in Germany, and has been recommended before on this forum. Looking through that site I found a picture labelled as PzH 155-1 Prototype on the PzH 2000 page. So far, so good - particularly if it shows the vehicle we are looking for. However, I don't recognise the vehicle as an SP-70, the turret in particular looking very different:

www.hartziel.de/_typen/pzh2000.htm

Could it be a later version of the SP-70, or a later prototype based on an SP-70 - perhaps a prototype of the Pz 2000 built on an old SP-70 chassis?

#22: Re: Who has seen the SP-70 proto at Saumur in 2004? Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:33 pm
    ----
I have been sent some recent photo's of the Shrivenham SP-70 by Rob Cooke of the Defence Academy and they are now online:

Shrivenham SP-70

(Photo: R. Cooke)

I've also taken the opportunity to update the (rather controversial) story of the ex-Shrivenham Pz IV/70:

Unique ID 201: ex-Shrivenham Panzer IV/70

A sad story of a historic vehicle being allowed to be exported (a sort of UK equivalent of Cookie).

-> AFV News Discussion Board