Kevin Wheatcroft gearing up for Tiger II rebuild?
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Kevin Wheatcroft gearing up for Tiger II rebuild? Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:46 am
    ----
I would very much like to hear Mr. Wheatcroft's side of the story concerning the Axvall Tiger II engine and gearbox. Sweeping it under the rug isn't going to do him much good so better to lay the cards on the table.

The thing is that I'm fairly certain that Axval/SFHM would have been favorable to exchanging the Tiger II components for something more needed for the inventory. One example is the m/40L, a tank missing in the collection in complete state. The Museum (Arsenalen) are trying to buy one from the Dominican Republic and I'm sure Kevin would have pulled more strings and at a faster pace than what is the case now. It would have been cheaper for all and all would have been happy.

The current mess is just sad. To put a lid on it from KW's side is not going to fly right now, at least not well. There is a possibility that he really thought it was an official deal and that the bogus engine and empty gearbox sent back was a part of it. It's the kind of deal he has sort of done before for example with the Breda Panther D automotive parts which he got in exchange for cosmetic restoration and weather proofing of the static monument. Even if not working and stripped of interior components the replacement engine and gearbox would have looked the part. As the curator of Axvall was bribed he would have given the go ahead if contacted by KW, which is likely that he was. In any case damage is already done and I urge KW to come forward, the ill-will account is growing by the day; not only related to the Tiger II affair but also the issue with the Aberdeen Tiger I ...

#17: Re: Kevin Wheatcroft gearing up for Tiger II rebuild? Author: P_J_SMITH PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:41 pm
    ----
What is the status now for the Aberdeen Tiger I? Last that I read was that there were some type of contacts between the Americans and KW about the status and where the Tiger was supposed to be located.

#18: Re: Kevin Wheatcroft gearing up for Tiger II rebuild? Author: jtrowbridge5 PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:09 pm
    ----
Your nicely restored Tiger1 is I believe still with Wheatcroft
Dennis

#19: Re: Kevin Wheatcroft gearing up for Tiger II rebuild? Author: Landsverk PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:23 pm
    ----
About a year ago it was still att KW, standing outside rusting under a tarpaulin - I have seen pictures.
The tank deserve better than to rust away, hidden in a private collectors yard.

#20: Re: Kevin Wheatcroft gearing up for Tiger II rebuild? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:41 pm
    ----
- Landsverk
About a year ago it was still att KW, standing outside rusting under a tarpaulin - I have seen pictures.

Is he, like, the "cat lady" of tanks or what? Are vehicles being held hostage for some form of "consideration"? Do we have a new idea for a future episode of....

Hoarders" on Arts and Entertainment Network"

#21: Re: Kevin Wheatcroft gearing up for Tiger II rebuild? Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:10 am
    ----
www.ww2talk.com/forum/...ngine.html
Hmmmmm.

#22: Re: Kevin Wheatcroft gearing up for Tiger II rebuild? Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:36 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
- Landsverk

Is he, like, the "cat lady" of tanks or what? Are vehicles being held hostage for some form of "consideration"? Do we have a new idea for a future episode of....

Hoarders" on Arts and Entertainment Network"

Maybe we could get Shades to do something useful for once and steal his nuts

-> AFV News Discussion Board