ARVN Armour photo albums
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: ARVN Armour photo albums Author: rynokiLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:45 am
    ----
Came across these via another forum. They are by a polish chap by the name of Jerzy or George in english.
A fascinating collection to me as coming across ARVN armour pics seems pretty hard to do.
He also has other US armour albums and a heavy focus on the M113 from various armies, including Australia in Vietnam.
Enjoy.
ARVN armour:
picasaweb.google.pl/zi...irectlink#
ARVN M113:
picasaweb.google.pl/zi...irectlink#

#2: Re: ARVN Armour photo albums Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:02 am
    ----
Two huge (and unattributed) albums can be found by Vulcan163 and another poster who goes by the name of Zippo-something-or-other. None of the pics are creditted and include photos from many other sources (as some are mine, I would know). They seem to be personal collections of images harvested from the net for personal use. Yes, there are some authentic ARVN vehicles pictured.

I'd submit that these are personal collections taken from wherever they found to download, without regard to attribution (which was generally available). A sketchy practice, but probably not illegal unless they seek to profit by them. Does violate customary etiquette of usage, however.

The viewer typically is being deprived of not only attribution, but also of context as accompanying captions are seldom included. Much like the "Militaryphotos.com" website. Membership and comments tend to be on the youthful side of being meaningful.

#3: Re: ARVN Armour photo albums Author: tanker2010Location: Kansas City, Mo. PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:28 am
    ----
Yeah, these get "discovered" about every 5 or 6 months. He did get ripped on on Armorama for not crediting the pics. Haven't seen him post on there since.

-> AFV News Discussion Board