Something new at Ft Bliss Texas. 3 Hetzer
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Something new at Ft Bliss Texas. 3 Hetzer Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:54 am
    ----
Hi Folks!
Boy was I surpised when I saw this one. When I first pulled up and parked my truck, I didn't see it because of the large SP crane it was setting next to it.

Not sure if this is a true Hetzer or a Ex-Swiss G13.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Above close shot was taken above the crane's hook, Below is the crane which blocked a good side shot of the left side.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

I never though I would ever see one of these vehicles. I am surprised at how close in size it is to a M114.
Can anyone tell from the shots I took if it's a true Hetzer or an Ex-Swiss G13? I should be able to get some more pictures if I missed an area that would help.

Note about the white numbers. I have no idea what they mean. but I an hoping that is the number of vehicles being shipped. The Sherman is #13, that may mean another nine vehicles are coming!
Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts out!

Last edited by Roy_A_Lingle on Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

#2: Re: Something new at Ft Bliss Texas. 3 Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:20 pm
    ----
well, what a good surprise !!
especially when it comes from nowhere.

P-O

#3: Re: Something new at Ft Bliss Texas. 3 Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:48 pm
    ----
Hi P-O! Hi Folks!

- the_shadock
well, what a good surprise !!
especially when it comes from nowhere.
P-O

While the paint jobs on the other three vehicles look old, the paint on the Hester looks rather new.

I haven't had a chance to talk with anyone at the Museum. I am thinking, not counting the M41 and the M3 Stuart, these four are part of the 1stAD's collection coming in from Germany. "Nowhere"? Are you saying the 1st AD Museum in Germany didn't have a Hetzer?

Confuzed.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

Last edited by Roy_A_Lingle on Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total

#4: Re: Something new at Ft Bliss Texas. 3 Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:11 pm
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
"Nowhere"? Are you saying the 1st AD Museum in Germany didn't have a Hester?

Confuzed.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

I'm surprised to read that the vehicles which were at Baumholder are coming back to the USA, but I just read that the 1st AD comes back to Ft Bliss and that could explain the vehicles move. So, as you said, it is most probably the Hetzer that was displayed at Baumholder.

P-O

#5: Re: Something new at Ft Bliss Texas. 3 Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:05 pm
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle

Not sure if this is a true Hester or a Ex-Swiss G13.

Can anyone tell from the shots I took if it's a true Hester or an Ex-Swiss G13? I should be able to get some more pictures if I missed an area that would help.

Sgt, Scouts out!

It was a G13 originally by the looks of it.

#6: Re: Something new at Ft Bliss Texas. 3 Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:40 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!
Boy was I surpised when I saw this one. When I first pulled up and parked my truck, I didn't see it because of the large SP crane it was setting next to it.

Not sure if this is a true Hester or a Ex-Swiss G13.

I do not no what an Hester is, except an girl's name

however if this was an German Jagdpanzer it would be called HETZER Mr. Green

#7: Re: Something new at Ft Bliss Texas. 3 Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:54 am
    ----
Hi Michel! Hi Folks!

Hester(a girl's name), Hetzer, (Jagdpanzer), or a G13? I have no idea.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#8: Re: Something new at Ft Bliss Texas. 3 Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:28 pm
    ----
M19 Gun Motor Carriage at Bliss. Have someone a good photo of it?

#9: Re: Something new at Ft Bliss Texas. 3 Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:43 pm
    ----
i139.photobucket.com/a...82003/fort bliss museum/IMG_0440.jpg

#10: Re: Something new at Ft Bliss Texas. 3 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:01 pm
    ----
It has the support for machine-gun tripod just over the engine deck. Looks like a well-disguised G-13 to me

Massimo

#11: Re: Something new at Ft Bliss Texas. 3 Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:40 pm
    ----
What about OT-810, ZSU-23-4, M3 and M26 Pershing from Baumholder. Are those vehicles in Bliss now. Linge do you have photos of them too.

#12: Re: Something new at Ft Bliss Texas. 3 Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:06 pm
    ----
bialy-r,
Those are presumably on the way, not yet arrived.

Neil

#13: Re: Something new at Ft Bliss Texas. 3 Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:18 pm
    ----
Hi Bialy! Hi Folks!

[quote="bialy-r"
]What about OT-810, ZSU-23-4, M3 and M26 Pershing from Baumholder. Are those vehicles in Bliss now. Linge do you have photos of them too.
[/quote]

Neil is correct. The M26 Pershing (SN 1232 stamped into both rear towing lugs) is here. Will post photos as soon as I have time.

I am a bit busy, the local model club is doing a Vet.'s day display at a shopping center on Sunday.

I was told Thursday that three move tracked vehicles are inbound for this first shipment.

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#14: Re: Something new at Ft Bliss Texas. 3 Hetzer Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:13 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

While looking this guy over last Monday, I notice the number 30 stamped into the front upper slope just to the side of the white spots.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#15: Re: Something new at Ft Bliss Texas. 3 Hetzer Author: panamadan PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:38 pm
    ----
Another way to see if it's a G13 is by the final drive plugs-G13's had them, Hetzer's did not.
Dan

-> AFV News Discussion Board