Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:47 pm
    ----
Which is the easiest airport to use to get to the Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim - Frankfurt-Main or Stuttgart?

Anyone need anything imaging while I am there?

oh yeah - any recommendations where to stay?

#2: Re: Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim Author: tanker2010Location: Kansas City, Mo. PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:21 am
    ----
Stuttgart is the closest.

#3: Re: Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:02 am
    ----
Hello Jim,
I'am very interested in the serial and registrationnumbers of the Leopard 1 variants in the museum. On the prototype the serial can be a letter followed by digits. The productionvehicles it is 4 or 5 digits.

And of course the T-34s and other T-xx tanks. They have a T-54/55, what is it, ''54'' or 55''.

Let me know if you need info were to find it.

Regards,
Lesley

#4: Re: Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:37 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
Which is the easiest airport to use to get to the Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim - Frankfurt-Main or Stuttgart?

Anyone need anything imaging while I am there?

oh yeah - any recommendations where to stay?

Closest one is this one:

www.hotel-zehntscheune.de/

Book it through www.hotels.com, keyword search: Sinsheim

#5: Re: Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:20 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
Hello Jim,
I'am very interested in the serial and registrationnumbers of the Leopard 1 variants in the museum. On the prototype the serial can be a letter followed by digits. The productionvehicles it is 4 or 5 digits.

And of course the T-34s and other T-xx tanks. They have a T-54/55, what is it, ''54'' or 55''.

Let me know if you need info were to find it.

Regards,
Lesley

Should be no problem as my iPhone app for reporting military monuments is about ready for deployment and I have included a how-to-find-the serial-number with virtually every equipment type I can lay my hands on.

The only problem at the moment is integrating the generated message with an image taken by the iphone, the google map coordinates etc into a single message...

#6: Re: Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:33 pm
    ----
well, I've heard that the Sinsheim museum was required to conform itself in the German law :
the armour of the AFVs have to be cut down, so that policemen can fire on the driver if he makes something dangerous with the vehicle.
I would like to know if the museum did cut down its historical pieces, like the Panther or Marder III...

Pierre-Olivier

#7: Re: Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:51 am
    ----
- the_shadock
well, I've heard that the Sinsheim museum was required to conform itself in the German law :
the armour of the AFVs have to be cut down, so that policemen can fire on the driver if he makes something dangerous with the vehicle.
I would like to know if the museum did cut down its historical pieces, like the Panther or Marder III...

Pierre-Olivier

Another urban myth! That law apparently exists but relates to privately owned vehicles... but its incredibly hard to get permission to own a private AFV in Germany.

Latest images taken by one of my contributors on the 31st October show them still intact.

-> AFV News Discussion Board