The Netherlands AFV Registers
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#166: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:35 pm
    ----
Hi folks,

thanks for the ID

Michel

#167: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:55 pm
    ----
Something for the surviving "Surviving_Dingo_Lynx_Scout_Cars" file

A Dingo spotted in an parade december 2009
This vehicle is Dutch, it has the old style Dutch vehicle plates

Large picture
www.mijnalbum.nl/Grote...MEODCU.jpg

Michel

#168: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:01 am
    ----
Hi folks,

visited on 1st of may an WW2 military event
The event was organized by an Dutch military history group "The Screaming Ducks"

The weather was bad, an lot of rain
However because of the muddy conditions, this also resulted in some nice mud trowing picture's Laughing

M18 Hellcat throwing mud

Also present re-enacment of an German unit
They had an SdKfz 2 Kettenrad

Michel

#169: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 12:02 pm
    ----
I was there also
Although the weather was very bad ,it was a nice show.

#170: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:37 pm
    ----

#171: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:27 pm
    ----
Also been there but sadly without the Priest, who should be there. Some discusions at the Brussels museum prevented us taking the Priest there ( sad story Crying or Very sad ).

Seen all of that, and a Chaffee from the Cavalerie museum, the Pz 68/88 from Zwijndrecht armour cars, a humber a lot of half tracks.

Maybe we should start a tread for who is going to what meeting, so we could meet for a drink and a lot off talking.

Michel

#172: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:10 pm
    ----
Hi Michel,

I will start an e-mail string to you and some of the others

Let's see what can be arranged

MichelK

#173: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:43 pm
    ----
i can already say that I'll be at Tank in Town this year. I only hesitate between a French WW2 "Fusiliers Marins" uniform (as seen on M10 TDs from the RBFM)

or a Soviet one with PPSh and pilotka.

P-O

#174: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:58 pm
    ----
If you show up like an Russian soldier, you surely will be noticed

I don't think there will be an lot of them going around in Western Europe

Michel

#175: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:42 pm
    ----
Hi folks,

this weekend there was open house at the Dutch army
This year it was at the Johannes Post military barracks, Havelte

Home of the 43rd MechBrig

Some picture´s of the equipment shown

An Leopard 2A6 modelkit display Laughing

An Leopard 2 recovery vehicle to put it back together

An Leopard 2A6 reducing an medium size car to scrap metal

Michel

#176: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:44 pm
    ----
"Hundreds of parts!* Rotating turret with movable gun! Moving tracks with real turning road wheels! Rated high complexity. (For ages 18 and up)

*Batteries sold separately

- Michel_Krauss
Hi folks,

An Leopard 2A6 modelkit display Laughing

Michel

Last edited by Doug_Kibbey on Sun May 30, 2010 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

#177: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:36 pm
    ----
yep, I asked if I could take it home

Along with the recovery Leo2, to put it back together

However I could not Crying or Very sad

The mechanics said they needed it also for the following day, for the second day of the open house Mr. Green

#178: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:25 am
    ----
They should have taken it apart with folks watching the first day and put it back together the second Smile

#179: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:08 am
    ----
- bsmart
They should have taken it apart with folks watching the first day and put it back together the second Smile

Bob, Bob, Bob....you're forgetting the usual "soldier talk" that typically accompanies track maintenance (and pretty much any other uniformed undertaking). Wink

"Aalbert, my good fellow, would you please be so kind as to hand me the tanker bar if it's not too much trouble?"

#180: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:13 pm
    ----
I was today at the new Canadian Allied Forces Museum in Groningen.
Not that many AFV's but I found a M47 Patton and a Marmon Herrington.

Walter

-> AFV News Discussion Board