The Netherlands AFV Registers
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22, 23, 24  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#256: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:47 pm
    ----
update concerning the new Sherman monument at Overloon

The restoration of the tank is finished and they are planning to transport it to Overloon in September

In the weekend of 3 & 4 September there will be a military event at Overloon, so good change that the Sherman will be revealed

Michel

#257: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:22 pm
    ----
the transfer from Sambeek (location of the restoration) to Overloon will happen on next Thursday.

P-O

#258: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:57 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
the transfer from Sambeek (location of the restoration) to Overloon will happen on next Thursday.

P-O

I'm was planning to go there next Sunday for the event and the Staghound

Will also take a walkaround the Sherman now Mr. Green

#259: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:40 pm
    ----
Made a trip to Overloon today, to check-out the new WW2 monument for the 7th US Armoured Division

i1015.photobucket.com/...ent_02.jpg

i1015.photobucket.com/...ent_03.jpg

i1015.photobucket.com/...ent_04.jpg

i1015.photobucket.com/...ent_05.jpg

There are no visible stamped markings to be found also I didn't want to ruin the monument already, it's just brand new Mr. Green

Michel

#260: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:21 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
There are no visible stamped markings to be found

yes there are some, you have to look more carefully, because they are quite small. One of them is the serial number, stamped on the front glacis (SN 3714).

P-O

#261: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:13 am
    ----
- the_shadock
yes there are some, you have to look more carefully, because they are quite small. One of them is the serial number, stamped on the front glacis (SN 3714).

P-O

well you have to tell me where you found them, because I missed them

#262: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:38 pm
    ----
Here are some photos that I was able to take last Sunday :

These ones show the markings on the front hull (it is the serial number)

This one shows the stamped markings on the top of the turret. It is very unusual, because I've always seen cast markings for that kind of markings on the turret.

P-O

#263: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:54 pm
    ----
Neutral I have been searching at the wrong hull location it seams

I have been checking the tow lugs at the transmission cover and the edge where the cover connects to the glassic plate of the hull

Michel

#264: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:27 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
Neutral I have been searching at the wrong hull location it seams

I have been checking the tow lugs at the transmission cover and the edge where the cover connects to the glassic plate of the hull

Michel

On a Sherman tnak, you always have to look everywhere...

P-O

#265: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:23 pm
    ----
The Leopard 2A4 currently at Darp/Havelte will go to the 330 Material Maint.Plt, Props Dep.

No date was mentioned in the defence weekly newspaper.

Regards,

#266: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:47 am
    ----
Leopard 1V rn KU-93-65 sn 12367 wille move to 330 Material Maint.plt. props dep at Maaldrift. Last week the were trying to start it and take it away, but the electrical system failed.

Expectation is that it will move in a couple of weeks.

#267: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:08 pm
    ----
Schwerer Wehrmachtschlepper in National War and Resistance Museum, Overloon (Netherlands)

landmarkscoutvehicles....epper.html

#268: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:21 pm
    ----
Is this the vehicle that was listed as belonging to a private collection in Germany?

Massimo

#269: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:23 pm
    ----
Yes

But I wonder if it now part of Overloon collection ?

#270: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:27 pm
    ----
The link you posted reports this two, somewhat contradictory pieces of text:

This specific vehicle on these photographs is seen on the internet on two other locations.
These are the WWII Victory museum, in Auburn USA and in a private collection in Germany.

We encountered this beautiful vehicle in the Liberty Park Museum in Overloon Netherlands.
It look as it just arrived, the "stamp" was still on it. Send in from Ports America Baltimore.

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board