The Netherlands AFV Registers
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#301: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:58 am
    ----
"New'' Centurion, parked in the vicinity of the range tower at the artillery range in 't Harde is Centurion mk.5/2 registration KX-10-30, serial(?) 152/450. Tank has the original markings of 11th Tank battalion and tactical number A10.

KX-10-30 is the oldest (AFAIK) surviving Centurion in the Netherlands at the moment.

If it comes from the impact area I don't know, it had no damage from artillery. When I have time I will try to get more info.

Last edited by L.Delsing on Mon May 20, 2013 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

#302: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:03 pm
    ----
During the militracks event I also made a quick tour through the musuem and found some interresting info

First of all the Leopard 1-V had been moved and it was possible to read the second marking at hull.
The marking is: MDNL 5140 then something that looks like a eagle with the number 231

#303: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:10 pm
    ----
Besides the known vehicles there was also something new
It's a former Yugoslavian M36 tank destroyer

#304: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: PatrikLocation: Czech republic PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:48 pm
    ----
Super others to the list. And where is Croatia, Bosnia? For what replaced?

#305: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: AsbjoernLocation: Germany PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:39 am
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
then something that looks like a eagle with the number 231

This is the stamp of the quality assurance department of the German procurement agency BAAIN Bw (formerly known as BWB) in Koblenz. The have subsidaries at every bigger manufacturer which are supervising the whole manufacturing process of military items and from time to time they put on stamps to document this.

Jens

#306: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:54 pm
    ----
- Asbjoern
- Michel_Krauss
then something that looks like a eagle with the number 231

This is the stamp of the quality assurance department of the German procurement agency BAAIN Bw (formerly known as BWB) in Koblenz. The have subsidaries at every bigger manufacturer which are supervising the whole manufacturing process of military items and from time to time they put on stamps to document this.

Jens

Thanks for the explanation Jens.

- Patrik
Super others to the list. And where is Croatia, Bosnia? For what replaced?

Concerning it's precise origins I can't tell.
The vehicle has no markings of any kind, except a sort of decal at the hull with a number.
The overall camo is black over green.

When I was taking photo's I thought, the decal would be of some sort of event or a trading company ...... so I did not take any good photo's of it.
However from what can be read, it's starts with tenkisti and then some sort of symbol.
It looks like somthing that can be found at Croatian vehicle's.

It replaces a M109 & M110 SPH that where on loan from another museum.

#307: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:22 pm
    ----
The M109 and M110 are back at the artillery museum in 't Harde, which BTW have received a Sperwer UAV for their collection

regards

#308: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:29 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss

could_it_be_the_same_than_this_one?

P-O

#309: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:13 pm
    ----
The picture is gone P-O so I can't tell

There will be another US military vehicle show at Overloon in a month orso.
I will try to find some numers

#310: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:16 am
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
The picture is gone P-O so I can't tell

There will be another US military vehicle show at Overloon in a month orso.
I will try to find some numers

Michel,

I would be very interested to see the other side of the vehicle. The paint sometimes tells us where the vehicle comes from.

thanks

P-O

#311: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:15 pm
    ----
P-O and Michel

The M36 is not property of the Museum
It is from a private collection in south-east Netherland
The vehicle came from a former museum in Geneve wich does not exist anymore.I get some more info next month

Walter

#312: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:49 am
    ----
The Centurion at 't Harde (KX-10-30) should be from the prop department (requisieten afdeling) and is intended for use as hard target.

#313: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:10 pm
    ----

The KX-10-30 as mentioned before

#314: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:08 pm
    ----
Noted last tuesday at Sindord trading in 't Harde was a Chieftain and as far I could see a RaketenJagdPanzer Jaguar. Unfortunately I could not see any markings etc and Sindorf had two Chieftains in the past.

#315: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:15 pm
    ----
To get back to this one

- Michel_Krauss
Besides the known vehicles there was also something new
It's a former Yugoslavian M36 tank destroyer

I got a good photo of the decal at the front of the vehicle and tried to figure out the meaning.
First of all it's Croatian and I think it's something like:
Tank crew of the 3rd Motorized Guards Brigade "Church Mice"

tenkisti = tank crew
3. GMtBr = 3rd Gardijska motorizirana brigada = Motorized Guards Brigade
crkveni miĊĦevi = church mice

-> AFV News Discussion Board