Ford 3-tonner
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Ford 3-tonner Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:37 pm
    ----
Anyone got any more images of that Ford 3-tonner that came out of restoration recently?

#2: Re: Ford 3-tonner Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:18 pm
    ----
Do you mean the one at Aberdeen

#3: Re: Ford 3-tonner Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:44 pm
    ----
Yes

The other one at the Patton Museum (?)hasn't been restored for years has it?

#4: Re: Ford 3-tonner Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:05 pm
    ----
You mean this one???

Wink

Regards
Don

#5: Re: Ford 3-tonner Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:25 pm
    ----
Yeah thats it Don!

They really ought to get that driver mannequin a decent uniform Wink

#6: Re: Ford 3-tonner Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:26 pm
    ----
This vehicle has been greatly modified at some point in the past. It has a WWII era jeep engine mounted behind the 'faux' machine gun.

During the 50's-70's (??), it was used extensively by the Post Cmdr as a ceremonial 'pass & review' vehicle.

Although in excellent interior/exterior condition, it hasn't been run in many years. The interior is nowhere near original configuration.

I was able to get a fairly indepth photo series, back in Mar / April.

Regards
Don

#7: Re: Ford 3-tonner Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:26 pm
    ----
Last time I saw this vehicle it didn't have the dummy in it Shocked

#8: Re: Ford 3-tonner Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:34 pm
    ----
- Dontos
This vehicle has been greatly modified at some point in the past. It has a WWII era jeep engine mounted behind the 'faux' machine gun.
Don

It should have a Model T engine shouldn't it? I would have thought they were still available?

#9: Re: Ford 3-tonner Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:58 pm
    ----
Here's APG's example, which is currently a runner:

www.militarytrader.com...lls_again/

Here's my pic of it

[img][/img]

This is the engine - original AFAIK...

Neil

#10: Re: Ford 3-tonner Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:02 pm
    ----
Ah! Twin Model T engines...

You got any more images of this vehicle Neil?

#11: Re: Ford 3-tonner Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:23 pm
    ----
Sorry,
That's it!

Neil

#12: Re: Ford 3-tonner Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:03 am
    ----
Heres a composite series that I took, for those interested...

Regards
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board