some things i saw at the Patton Museum last week
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: some things i saw at the Patton Museum last week Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:43 pm
    ----

and I saw this at RMP. I think this is a GMC 1 1/2-Ton, the Army bought these during the 1939-41 period, anyone know where the body came from?corrected

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: some things i saw at the Patton Museum last week Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:43 pm
    ----
- armyjunk2
and I saw this at RMP. I think this is a Ford 1 1/2-Ton, the Army bought these during the 1939-41 period, anyone know where the body came from?

Its the GMC version (rad bars are vertical on the Ford one) fitted with a Wayne of Richmond produced Mobile Repair Shop body.

#3: Re: some things i saw at the Patton Museum last week Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:41 pm
    ----
THANK YOU

#4: Re: some things i saw at the Patton Museum last week Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:38 am
    ----
AJ

The WWII 'Ord truck' has been around here 'forever'. It was 'buried' up on the upper storage hill, so most would have over looked it. Before that it was stored in one of 'our' old WWII buildings, that was torn down several years ago, so the truck was relocated to RMP.

Regards
Don

#5: Re: some things i saw at the Patton Museum last week Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:46 am
    ----
It's GMC AFKX-352.
I have instruction book for this truck, if it needed, can upload.

#6: Re: some things i saw at the Patton Museum last week Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:38 am
    ----
For those interested, I got somemore photos of the Ordnance Truck, to include some interesting detailed shots.

An interesting note is that the truck has Kentucky (civilian) Lic plates from 1959. I guess it was from a former owner.

Regards
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board