CFS3 Install, Tweak & Tune Guide!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> CFS3

#31: Re: CFS3 Install, Tweak & Tune Guide! Author: bader40 PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:18 am
    ----
Thanks for the quick reply, i've visited Fogies site but i can't find those files ( Maybe its a case of not seeing the forest for the trees) could you possibly supply a link? Thanks again.

#32: Re: CFS3 Install, Tweak & Tune Guide! Author: bader40 PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:34 am
    ----
Hold the front page,i've just found them at Sim-Outhouse!!!

#33: Re: CFS3 Install, Tweak & Tune Guide! Author: bader40 PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:38 pm
    ----
I've just finished applying all the tips and tweaks listed in this thread and the difference it has made is nothing short of amazing...the graphics are better and much smoother.

Thanks again...a very happy new member (Bader40)

#34: Re: CFS3 Install, Tweak & Tune Guide! Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:03 pm
    ----
Please direct your gratitude to Master Boss Hawg Stoopy Smile

#35: Re: CFS3 Install, Tweak & Tune Guide! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:27 am
    ----
Bwaaahhh...all I did was just gather a bunch of information, long ago, that had been laying about, hereand there in different pieces, and blabbed about it in one place.

Glad it worked out tho! Another happy customer!

And bader40, thanks for the notice about the missing files. We've had a couple of server changes since those original posts.....all files referenced should be back in the download section soon, and the links corrected to point to the (right) download section where applicable.

S!

(Edit: Check the CFS3 download section now - Admin has admirably corrected the problem - good to go!)

#36: Re: CFS3 Install, Tweak & Tune Guide! Author: kcounLocation: Cleveland, Oh PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:02 pm
    ----
Sir,

THANKS for the tweak info .... work's wonders to my CFS3 Smile

Question please - what about some of the newer addons ...
OFF, MAW, Korean Skies, PTO etc. Would one think that the
MAX Clouds/Terrain/Water files would work there ??

Thx,

#37: Re: CFS3 Install, Tweak & Tune Guide! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:42 pm
    ----
Hiya kcoun and welcome to Com-Central!

Yeah, there's an unsaid disclaimer in all the above tweaks and such....all of it preceded the later addons such as MAW, OFF, etc.

And, as a general rule (and speaking for myself) they were restricted in application to a plain, bone-stock CFS3. This has (or had) more to do with my own (and my squad's) main interest in CFS3 multiplayer which, by nature, is best done with a stock configuration and avoiding add-ons. We went through that all in the early days of CFS3, trying to use the AvHistory planes with all their periodic updates and manual installers, and it just isn't feasible at all to keep a large group of serious players synchronized and avoid the annoying "aircraft mismatch" issues that inevitably happen with all that. So at that point we decided to avoid additional mods including the later (and even more comprehensive) ones you mention. It's a total bummer when you've got a squad match scheduled and some of your squad mates can't join because a plane got messed up...as someone once said, the planes may be great but no one likes to fly in empty skies!

Anyway, any of the general configuration and setup tweaks should work just fine, with the exception of any texture modifications such as MAX tweaks. Since most of the ones (OFF, MAW etc) contain extensive texture modifications of their own and it'd probably be best to avoid mixing them together or some things may start to look funny. I'm guessing they all have similar texture 'tweaks' that provide similar changes anyway...

Hope that helps!

#38: Re: CFS3 Install, Tweak & Tune Guide! Author: kcounLocation: Cleveland, Oh PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:47 pm
    ----
Thx Stoop ...

I sorta had a feeling that's where we might be headed re using
the MAX* scenery files with some of the newer addon conversions
... cutting edge when it came out incompatible and possibly behind
the curve a tad re the recent stuff.

.. and a most excellent point re mods of the stock when you're trying
to enjoy online. (spent most of the past 5-10 years playing online
auto racing and naval warfare, and different setups won't fly ....
so to speak :P)

Thx,

Ken

#39: Re: CFS3 Install, Tweak & Tune Guide! Author: Mathias_P PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:13 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Hiya kcoun and welcome to Com-Central!

. So at that point we decided to avoid additional mods including the later (and even more comprehensive) ones you mention. It's a total bummer when you've got a squad match scheduled and some of your squad mates can't join because a plane got messed up...as someone once said, the planes may be great but no one likes to fly in empty skies!

Hope that helps!

Hehe, as I said before in another thread missmatches are a no-issue in MAW.
The main cause for missmatches has pretty much been tracked down to too long aircraft names (in exess of 16+3 characters).If you keep MAW unaltered there are no such things like aircraft missmatches.

#40: Re: CFS3 Install, Tweak & Tune Guide! Author: Warlord66236 PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:11 pm
    ----
I mustve searched everywhere but I can't find the "terrdata.zx" file mentioned in the MAX terrain files.
All I've been able to find are "scenery.zx" and "terrdata.zip". I've been wondering if I should delete the .zip file, but I don't know if that will work (or if I keep the file for that matter.).

Any help would be much appreciated!

-> CFS3