A unique CH-47
-> Officer's Club

#1: A unique CH-47 Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:31 am
    ----
I'm posting this here since it's not really the right subject on the AFV or Artillery thread and I think there are some of you who might appreciate her rarity. I didn't know any were left.

"Birth Control" Laughing , obviously before the pre-PC Army.

I have a few more images besides these.

#2: Re: A unique CH-47 Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:36 am
    ----
Joe,
I'd sure like to see you pics. I'm aware that guns-a-go-go had only four ships. At least one crashed (in air or on-ground), one was destroyed by mortar fire, and the other a shoot-down, IIRC.

GAGG has their own website...

gunsagogo.org/

I think you have my new email by now. If not PM, as I moved four months ago.

Thanks for posting!
D.

#3: Re: A unique CH-47 Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:19 am
    ----
Thank you for posting Joe, much appreciated Smile

#4: Re: A unique CH-47 Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:37 am
    ----
'Scuse my ignorance, but isn't "VERTOL" what heliowhackers do naturally anyway?

#5: Re: A unique CH-47 Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:53 pm
    ----
'Scuse my ignorance, but isn't "VERTOL" what heliowhackers do naturally anyway?

part of the corporate name Shades Wink

#6: Re: A unique CH-47 Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:59 am
    ----
Ahh, ta.
Dealt with Boeing for many years and never heard of them referred to with that extension.
Although it was for the more commercial side I guess.
747's and such.

#7: Re: A unique CH-47 Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:41 am
    ----
The old Piaseki Helicopter Company (builder of the CH21 'Flying Banana') became teh Vertol company which became Boeing Vertol

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ft_Systems

#8: Re: A unique CH-47 Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:59 am
    ----
Interesting shots, and background on #149:

www.vhpamuseum.org/det...vdet.shtml

#9: Re: A unique CH-47 Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:17 am
    ----
since the original photos have been deleted or removed, heres a short video of CH-47 reverse take off...

reverse take off

#10: Re: A unique CH-47 Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:26 am
    ----
Well done for finding the thread Slow!
lol
Seen my share of Chin's* as I go by three of their bases and Salisbury Plains fairly regular.
Hope that guy's got a rear view mirror.

(*Chinooks - not what keeps Piney's jaw from flappin' down onto his chest. Smile )

#11: Re: A unique CH-47 Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:05 pm
    ----
Thanks all, great vids and reading... Wink

#12: Re: A unique CH-47 Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:54 pm
    ----
Surprisingly, there are actually a couple of videos on Youtube on "Guns-a-Go-Go"....

The first one seems to focus on "Easy Money".

www.youtube.com/watch?...re=related

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cB-6BSHJws

#13: Re: A unique CH-47 Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:10 pm
    ----
Great vids Doug...

-> Officer's Club