Unidentified german trailer
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Unidentified german trailer Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:51 pm
    ----
This one is in Museo de Henriquez, Trieste. It should be a generator, the Museum curator knows it uses a Phaenomen engine, but I would love to get it exact Sd.Ah. number. Any help is appreciated.

Massimo

#2: Re: Unidentified german trailer Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:02 pm
    ----
Hi Massimo,

I have been searching some German sites and there is hardly any thing that can be gound on power generators. Neutral

All I could find so far:
The engine used, this will most likely be an engine from the Phänomen Werke Zittau
This was an truck manufacturer and the factory build during the war only trucks

Most likely the engine was used in an powergenerator from an other manufacturer
Something like today buy-ing an powergenerator with an MAN - Caterpillar - etc engine

The most likely carriage would be Sonder Anhänger 104 that was amongst others used to transport mittlerer maschinensatz 24kW (something like medium generator)

The only picture I could find of this carrige came from Waffen-Arsenal vol 145 about German truck trailers

This an 2-axle trailer type and it works similair as the 2-axle trailer Sd Ah 204 of the 88Flak 36

So the trailer consists of 2 single axle trailers, however with 1 wheel instead of 2

I think that this is an not interesting subject for most people

-> AFV News Discussion Board