Two M46's
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Two M46's Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:37 pm
    ----
I went through the M46 registry and didn't see these two.

I took these pictures AUG 2002. First one is at the entrance of "Dragon Valley" where 1-72 Armor was located on Camp Casey Korea.

Second one is also on Camp Casey but was located in front of 2-72 Armor.

I have no idea if they are still there. There was a third one located in front of the 2 ID museum on Camp Red Cloud (Uijonbu Korea). I don't have any pictures of that one.

#2: Re: Two M46's Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:10 am
    ----
If the little idler wheel in back is missing does that make it an A1?

#3: Re: Two M46's Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:14 am
    ----
Joe

I remember the '2nd Tank' Pershing used to be infront of HHC's old style Barracks in 91.

In your pics, it appears to have moved.

I seem to remember there was one in front of the old '2X' HQ, or the old Museum (on Camp Casey) which I assume moved to CRC after 1992.

Ah the good 'ole days Rolling Eyes

Regards
Don

#4: Re: Two M46's Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:23 am
    ----
Don,

Yep, the one in front of '2X" HQ's was moved to CRC and in 2002 was the in front of 2 ID's Museum there.

Mark,

The 2nd Tank M46 had the track tension wheels broken off when she was recovered from the range. She was in pretty bad shape when they found her. Don's picture shows her less than a year after she was cosmetically repaired. Lot of welding and even some bondo got her looking good again, although leaning a lot with all the busted torsion bars.

I'm curious if these old girls ever made it back to the States or are still there.

#5: Re: Two M46's Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:21 pm
    ----
M46 Patton www.flickr.com/photos/...069845721/
2ID Museum (Warrior Museum), Camp Red Cloud, Uijongbu (South Korea)

#6: Re: Two M46's Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:28 pm
    ----
M46 Patton www.flickr.com/photos/...817939671/
Historic Park of Geoje POW Camp, Geoje (South Korea)

-> AFV News Discussion Board