Vehicles collection - US Military Base, Würzburg (Germany)
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Vehicles collection - US Military Base, Würzburg (Germany) Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:42 pm
    ----
Vehicles collection - US Military Base, Würzburg (Germany):

AMX-30
M3 White
M3 Half-track
M4 Sherman
M4 E8 Sherman
M24 Chaffee
M36 Jackson
M60
M110
BWP-1
T-72

picasaweb.google.com/a...WWIISites#

#2: Re: Vehicles collection - US Military Base, Würzburg (Germany) Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:58 pm
    ----
Hi folks,

correct me if I'm wrong, but this are the same vehicle's in the posts from Roy_A_Lingle about vehicle's arriving at Frt Bliss

Especialy the M36 Jackson is easy to pick out, with the protection around the front ligth's and the painted on serial number

The vehicle's come from the
1st Infantry Division Museum - Würzburg - Germany

Michel

#3: Re: Vehicles collection - US Military Base, Würzburg (Germany) Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:40 pm
    ----
Michel,
Actually I think thats a different museum. The newly arriving Fort Bliss vehicles are coming from the 1st _Armored_ Division Museum in Baumholder, Germany.

The 1st Infantry Division was based at Wurzburg until 2006, when it relocated to Fort Riley (except for one brigade that stayed in Schweinfurt until 2008). Looks like US Army Wurzburg closed in 2008, so I presume all of that stuff has headed back - to Fort Riley? Although its possible it got passed on to the 1st Armored Division Museum at Baumholder...

Neil

#4: Re: Vehicles collection - US Military Base, Würzburg (Germany) Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:36 pm
    ----
Hi Neil,

I think youre right

at appears that the 1st infantry has own M36 Jackson with the same headlight protection (how big is the change on that ??)

www.travelks.com/s/ind...m?LID=4365

And all the stuff moved along to Fort Riley

Michel

#5: Re: Vehicles collection - US Military Base, Würzburg (Germany) Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:11 am
    ----
I believe the modified headlights is fairly standard for ex-Yugoslav M36s...

For example, here's VMMV's ex Yugoslav M36

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board