M50 @ Cavanaugh Flight Museum, TX
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M50 @ Cavanaugh Flight Museum, TX Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:21 am
    ----
This M50 is in a corner of a hanger at the Cavanaugh Flight Museum in Addison, TX.

The placard lists the serial # as 17091.

I don't think it is listed in the Neil's AFV register.

Enjoy!

#2: Re: M50 @ Cavanaugh Flight Museum, TX Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:27 am
    ----
Thanks vagabond, thats a more recent addition to V3.1 that I've been working on - but you have given me some better pics to link to!

Neil

#3: Re: M50 @ Cavanaugh Flight Museum, TX Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:50 am
    ----
Some detail shots.

The high-angle shots are courtesy of my wife. Her camera has an articulated LCD that makes it easier to compose the shots. She can actually see what she's shooting!

#4: Re: M50 @ Cavanaugh Flight Museum, TX Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:52 am
    ----
Part 2

#5: Re: M50 @ Cavanaugh Flight Museum, TX Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:19 pm
    ----
ID HELP-What makes it an M50?

#6: Re: M50 @ Cavanaugh Flight Museum, TX Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:18 pm
    ----
The gun and the Cummins diesel engine. Look closely at the rear engine deck. It's an Israeli conversion.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...er_Sherman

-> AFV News Discussion Board