WWII Victory Museum photos
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: PanzerwerkLocation: Palmdale CA PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:03 am
    ----
Thanks Jim , I was responding to the comment about the 250 and 251 Halftracks being Czech in orgin, they are German , they are original and as I said before the Nue was a restoration (read Sheet metal) as it came from a blown up chassis, I have full interior and exterior pics of a couple of these , the 251 D and the nue version , And I think I have a set for the A on my hardrive , Like I said , a Good friend of mine got to crawl all over these , he took tons of pics , I cant speak for the soft skins as we were not as interested in them , the SWS's look like they had a lot of repairs as well .

#32: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:04 am
    ----
There are some good shots of the Auburn vehicles here...

community.webshots.com...zergrendel

#33: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: BruceClark PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:41 pm
    ----
"the SWS's look like they had a lot of repairs as well ."

As Jim mentioned, and many others before him, many of the vehicles are not restorations. The original museum was created by Guy Arendt in Arlon, Belguim in the 1970's- early 80's when he began creating very rare German vehicles from the hulls and running gear of wrecks he found, originally in the Ardennes.

The Victory Museum is a nice collection of AFV's but it isn't a collection of WWII German AFV's. Be careful using your photos as reference to wartime Wehrmacht vehicles.

Cheers!
Bruce

#34: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: PanzerwerkLocation: Palmdale CA PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:12 pm
    ----
As Jim mentioned, and many others before him, many of the vehicles are not restorations. The original museum was created by Guy Arendt in Arlon, Belguim in the 1970's- early 80's when he began creating very rare German vehicles from the hulls and running gear of wrecks he found, originally in the Ardennes.

Please clarify something for me , Most of these vehicles that are around today in private collections and museums are repaired,cobbled,restored and reassembled from parts of other vehicles , just as the Germans did themselves , in fact other then a handful of very big Gov sponsored Museums are there complete original vehicles from the Third Reich , even the big Museums do it , so I am wondering why the argument ?? if they are built on German Chassis , with German parts , and restored with said parts , are they not original , its not like they are putting a Chevy 327 small block in a SD kfz 250 Nue and trying to pass it off as real , I am not trying to start a war or anything , but I have been to that museum twice now , and the majority of their vehicles were more then just pretty paint jobs , it just seems like some posts here are saying the collection is just mostly junk .

#35: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:12 am
    ----
Probably the best way to sum it up would be to describe some of them as pretty crap restorations being little more than a basic suspension with some sheet metal thrown together on top of it.

#36: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: PanzerwerkLocation: Palmdale CA PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:11 am
    ----
Thanks Jim , I know the 250 nue is a sheet metal body.

#37: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:16 am
    ----
The SWS are as well and the german SPGs - whatever you do do not use them as a modelling reference as the proportions are mainly wrong IIRC

#38: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: PanzerwerkLocation: Palmdale CA PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:49 pm
    ----
The 2 time I went , the only true SPG they had was the Marder , It looked correct , but I did not dwell on it long , and I also know the RSO with Pak was a postwar build . thanks again , when I get some time I will host my pics and add them here !

#39: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: zundappukLocation: Behind the Westwall, really! PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:51 pm
    ----
- Panzerwerk
The 2 time I went , the only true SPG they had was the Marder , It looked correct , but I did not dwell on it long , and I also know the RSO with Pak was a postwar build . thanks again , when I get some time I will host my pics and add them here !

I would be suspicious of that too, think about the Marders in Band of Brothers and Shaving Ryans Privates, they weren't originals either. A licence copy of the 38T chassis was built in Sweden, a few of those have been used in movies, so maybe here too.......

As for the Maultier Panzerwerfer, take a look at thes shots of the real deal in Saumur and compare to that hash up. jtrowbridge5.smugmug.c...4366_r7d5L

www.cybermodeler.com/a...walk.shtml

#40: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:57 am
    ----
I dont recall seeing a C15TA Armored Truck at the museum. They have a C15 chevy in DAK get up. Dont recall any armored truck except their armored jeep.

I was under the assumption that the Marder I (Hotchkiss H35 chasis) was a mock up and the Marder III ausf M was genuine.
Shawn

#41: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: PanzerwerkLocation: Palmdale CA PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:43 pm
    ----
As for the Maultier Panzerwerfer, take a look at thes shots of the real deal in Saumur and compare to that hash up. jtrowbridge5.smugmug.c...4366_r7d5L

I did not see a Maultier Panzerwerfer, they did have a Armored SWS , but that is a different beast , and it could have been a sheet metal recreation as it was pretty gutted looking , the chassis looked original .

#42: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:35 pm
    ----
"vagabond" do you have any current photo of M18 Hellcat from WWII Victory Museum

#43: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:52 pm
    ----
from 2008

from the opening in 2003, at least it was walk around back then

#44: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:25 pm
    ----
Thank you SHAWN but the photos are in low quality I need a better one.

#45: Re: WWII Victory Museum photos Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:16 am
    ----
Hi Bialy-r,

I'll go through my photos and see what I can find. Give me a couple of days.

Thanks,
VB

-> AFV News Discussion Board