Martin Pics
-> Officer's Club

#1: Martin Pics Author: DraftyLocation: Penticton, BC PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:32 pm
    ----
I cant gurantee these are going to show up! LOL

As I really honestly do suck with computers, so I'll just give it my best shot here with the image files! lol

These first 2 were taken from my house

This set was taken from "Skaha Lake" in southwestern B.C (Penticton pretty much), right near my house, these suckers don't look big in the photos, well... I'm sure you know how big these mothers really are! LOL

In these last few, the Martin Mars was comming in for landing on the lake to re-fuel the water tanks.. I think its kinda "odd" that there are only 2 in service now, and they both were buzzing over my home for weeks on end.. rather amazing

I have many more pics if you guys want to see them, I just didn't want to unload them all in 1 post...

Hope you like 'em, and if you want to see more, just ask Mr. Green

#2: Re: Martin Pics Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:57 am
    ----
Very cool pics, thanks for sharing!!

I can here the locals now..."Yep, we got some pretty big 'skeeters' in these parts, here comes one now...".....lol

#3: Re: Martin Pics Author: 251_Senyu_IJNLocation: Xenia,Ohio PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:15 am
    ----
S! Drafty,

Love those old flying boats. Hey there is a great article in the June issue of Flight Journal magazine on those very planes.

www.flightjournal.com

But I tried to get to it online and cant, but at least you know where to look. Although where you live, the last thing you wanna see is another pic of the Mars ships! LOL. An informative article just the same.

Thanks for the pics.

Senyu

#4: Re: Martin Pics Author: {92}WarhawkLocation: In the clouds PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:54 am
    ----
Very cool pics!! I'd love to see more!

#5: Re: Martin Pics Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:32 pm
    ----
Wow!!! That's awesome! Those Martians are awesome, they rank up there with B-17s and B-29s, only more rare! lol. You're a lucky man! Wish I could be out there to see em!

#6: Re: Martin Pics Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:08 pm
    ----
right on Bro!,,,apparently terry never gave me all of them cause I never saw those 3 coming in right over head like that....awesome,,,,,,can definitly tell we are brothers eh!!!!!!,,,,would rather get the plane pics than the fact half of B.C. was on fire.......lol......one thing you failed to also mention .......the fires actually pretty much completely surrounded your house,,,,if not for the lake and the road I think ya'll would be out here living with us..........where currently half the province is under water,,,lol,,,go figure huh,,,,just no happy medium roun' these parts,,,

by the way,,,I recognize where you took those couple shots,,,,,,back when we all lived in golden thats where we had the trailer,,,along with the rest of the family,,,,,,had some good times in O.K. falls campground no question about it......he is landing on the very spot I learned to windsurf,,,lol,,,,

#7: Re: Martin Pics Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:04 pm
    ----
was looking through some of the ones terry sent me and these two show how close the fires came to your house.....considering these were taken from your carport I'd say the fire got pretty close ........all the mars shots i have are nothing compared to those 4 you put in,,,,,dont get much better than that.....

#8: Re: Martin Pics Author: RAF92_BattleHawkLocation: British Columbia, Canada PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:10 pm
    ----
If you will all remember the Kelowna fire.... I was there and saw those things pick up water. Holy Jesus do they have a lotta water. then when i got home... i saw them FORMATION flying home for repairs. aparently somthing happened the next day they went back... no pics though.. mom says we cant have a digatal camera and dad says BOTH printers must stay on the other computer WTF! Smile

#9: Re: Martin Pics Author: DraftyLocation: Penticton, BC PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:23 pm
    ----
LOL, BattleHawk, these pics were taken at the Kelowna fire... I live at Vaseux Lake (just south of Penticton), which some of the smoke and crap blew over from the Kelowna fire to start the ones at my house (or it was probably another fire started by a fire fighters cigarette Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad )... So, yeah, I remember the Kelowna fire, I went to pick up my ex-girlfriend that day in Kelowna at the airport the day it started, we JUST left the bridge (got to peachland or so), and they issued the Evac. warning.. We then saw TONS of smoke on the way home... Boy, I got to Kelowna just in time!! lol

#10: Re: Martin Pics Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:46 pm
    ----
I think its hard to put any sort of specific location with this fire ,,,wether it be penticton, Kelowna, kamloops,,,,the entire okanagon was pretty much on fire. although destructive as all of it was the okanagon will grow back twice as lush and green as it was previously........with even more forest...........by the way,,,,,,going to take this moment to brag up my little bro Drafty..........

not only has my lil' bro completed ground school and is racking up plenty of flight time in order to complete all his flight training towards a private pilots license....he has now decided to undergo training to become an ATC for his career...I wish you all the best in this endeavor Stu and I know you will fly through it at the top of your class.....I remember when you were still in high school showing me your flight sim skills, more or less all you did was play around with all the ATC end of it so the schooling you will be undertaking should be nothing .,,,,good luck with the aptitude testing eh!!!!!,,,,me and lisa are behind you all the way bro!!!!!...~S~

-> Officer's Club