Ontos at La Porte, IN ARNG Armory???
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Ontos at La Porte, IN ARNG Armory??? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:46 am
    ----
Don, thought this would interest you even if we assume it no longer exists.

Reported on display in the January 1966 issue of AFV News:

"An Ontos, in front of the National Guard Armory in La Porte, Indiana."

Neil

#2: Re: Ontos at La Porte, IN ARNG Armory??? Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:51 am
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Don, thought this would interest you even if we assume it no longer exists.

Reported on display in the January 1966 issue of AFV News:

"An Ontos, in front of the National Guard Armory in La Porte, Indiana."

Neil

Shame on you - now you know he's going to drive himself crazy over xmas trying to figure out where it went Twisted Evil

#3: Re: Ontos at La Porte, IN ARNG Armory??? Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:34 pm
    ----
HA, thats easy. Cool

Actually, I happen to know that the T165E1 Ontos at Camp Atterbury Indiana (an Indiana ARG) installation) was 'donated' by an Indiana based Marine Corps Reserve Unit back in the 70's or 80's.

Since I do know for a fact there are no Ontos' currently in La Porte, I think it might not be too much of a stretch to conclude that the Atterbury T165E1 might have been the LaPorte Ontos.

HOWEVER, with that said, I will have to 'activate' my hidden 'network' of 'Ontos Spotters' Rolling Eyes and hunt that PIG sighting down. Wink

Cool stuff, thanks.
Regards
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board