4.0 Patch Is Leaked; Not Official
-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters

#1: 4.0 Patch Is Leaked; Not Official Author: RAF92_MoserLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:43 pm
    ----
Well, it seems I hopped in those damn UBI forums and found out that someone misallocated the 4.0 patch on IC:Maddox's main website. Everybody flocked to the server, causing it to crash, and the patch has been up for download on several sites. It actually is supposed to be release tomorrow on June 9th. It's not likely the patch leaked right now is going to be any different from the patch they are supposed to release tomorrow, but beware the patch out now is not OFFICIAL. Therefore, download at your own risk on any other sites. I personally am going to try to wait for tomorrow to download if it scheduled to be released then.

#2: Re: 4.0 Patch Is Leaked; Not Official Author: AAA_Pappy PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:08 pm
    ----
- RAF92_Moser
I personally am going to try to wait for tomorrow to download if it scheduled to be released then.

Always a wise precaution Smile

#3: Re: 4.0 Patch Is Leaked; Not Official Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:12 pm
    ----
Thanks for the info Moser Mr. Green

#4: Re: 4.0 Patch Is Leaked; Not Official Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:35 am
    ----
The patch that was 'released' by someone unknown was actually a beta...The server that people were downloading the patch from was originally an ftp site for beta testers, it was uploaded to various other sites.

People were saying it was the release patch that was leaked, this is not the case apparently, the patch still contains some code that needs rectifying before release.

The version 4.0 patch that was to be released will now be renamed to version 4.01 and 4.01m respectively once the code has been addressed.

On a personal note...I didn't download the patch...I prefer to wait for the official release, at least then you know what your getting. Mr. Green

I'm sorry but after reading the Ubi forums, it really angers me that people are complaining that the illegal patch they downloaded still had faults with it...i.e. transparent sections of fuselage etc and then they moan
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

#5: Re: 4.0 Patch Is Leaked; Not Official Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:37 am
    ----
I'm sorry but after reading the Ubi forums, it really angers me that people are complaining that the illegal patch they downloaded still had faults with it...i.e. transparent sections of fuselage etc and then they moan

LOL Kit, I agree!

#6: Re: 4.0 Patch Is Leaked; Not Official Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:33 pm
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr

LOL Kit, I agree!

Doesn't everyone on the UBI forums moan?...

#7: Re: 4.0 Patch Is Leaked; Not Official Author: RAF92_MoserLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:18 am
    ----
Yeh, Hitman, it's a pain just to read those posts. A lot of bickering and blabbering.

On one thought, I thought one of the moderators said it was released a day early. Oleg said it would be released this week. I found out now it's just another beta.

My mind may be veering off the road at the moment, but sometimes I get this feeling that Maddox got so pissed that his patch was shot around the web couple days ago, that he might be actually may just be updating the patch just to get us wait a bit longer for being so impatient.

Just in the back of mind, sorry, so don't take it seriously.

#8: Re: 4.0 Patch Is Leaked; Not Official Author: _79_OD_ PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:11 am
    ----
~S~
It's a decent patch, even though it is not the official one it gives you a good idea of the new flight model. I must admit I downloaded it without really having looked at the Ubi Forums, I was told it was out so I downloaded it! Then find out afterwards it's not the patch...and think oh well!
There always seem to be people moaning or posting useless posts on Ubi Forums...such as what would have happened if we didn't succeed on D-Day! Really relevant to IL2 that. Others moaning about realism of guns...my plane rolls faster than this plane but it shouldn't etc.
I must admit I get bored of reading the same drivel, they should just get on and play the game, every plane is killable and flyable and that is what counts.

OD.

#9: Re: 4.0 Patch Is Leaked; Not Official Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:17 am
    ----
- _79_OD_

There always seem to be people moaning or posting useless posts on Ubi Forums...such as what would have happened if we didn't succeed on D-Day! Really relevant to IL2 that. Others moaning about realism of guns...my plane rolls faster than this plane but it shouldn't etc.
I must admit I get bored of reading the same drivel, they should just get on and play the game, every plane is killable and flyable and that is what counts.

OD.

I couldn't agree more OD. To keep harping about realism in a sim is like beating a dead horse. No matter how much you beat it, it won't change anything...lol To me, it's always been about playing the game as it came from the manufactuer. It also seems to me that people who gripe about the flight models, realism and if the sky is blue enough really should move on to something else in life as they're missing the real point of any game and that is to have fun. Of course, everyone's definition of fun varies... Wink

#10: Re: 4.0 Patch Is Leaked; Not Official Author: _79_OD_ PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:38 am
    ----
Good point well made! Laughing
It would be nice if this sim represented exactly the real environment of WW2, but it just is not possible to do in a game that is however many years old now. I'm just glad we get regular updates from Oleg, even though they are working on new projects.
Whatever the realism it takes skill to fly each aircraft as it comes and to be able to fly it to its strengths, if it is an acturate representation even better, I would say that IL2 reflects the real aircrafts strengths, such as the Spitfire with its turning ability. Striving for perfection is great and should be encouraged, but they can only work to the standards of peoples current PCs, if we all had Super computers fair enough then maybe we should expect a bit more...but a normal PC doesn't have quite as much power!

OD.

-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters