News from Ft Knox
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:06 pm
    ----
Let's just say I'm happy that I visited Knox in '06, and that there were good people like Don who helped myself and others make the most of it.

#32: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:23 pm
    ----

Thanks Doug. I don't think I really did much at the time. It was actually during a 'weird' time. Just glad you had fun.

Times are a whole lot better now, even with all that is going on with the movement.

But it is always nice to 'play host' and contribute to a fulfilling visit.

Regards
Don

#33: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:50 pm
    ----
It's sad, though once Benning is open I can see it being unmissable (I suspect I won't be able to resist making a trip from England to see it).

Whenever that time will arrive we should try to assemble a group of AFV enthusiast from Europe and join for a visit Cool

Massimo

#34: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:53 am
    ----
Agree!

#35: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:54 am
    ----
...........the dismantling of the Patton Museum

EEEEK! Does this mean our Patron Saint will be cast to the winds of time??????

The Patton legacy will remain intact in its present location. The museum will be renamed the General George S. Patton Museum and his mementos, medals, uniforms and personal vehicles will remain. That is all that will remain untouched. There will be a few vehicles and ordnance left that will tell the story of Fort Knox and the 60+ years of armor training. However, much of the museum will be shared by other entities on post such as Human Resources Command, Accession Command, Recruitment Command and others.

Right now the Patton family wants his stuff to remain at F ort Knox, however, when the new museum is built, and because Patton was stationed three times at Benning and none at Fort Knox, they may prefer his memorabilia moved there too.

#36: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:24 am
    ----
Whenever that time will arrive we should try to assemble a group of AFV enthusiast from Europe and join for a visit

Excellent idea ! Given a reasonable amount of notice to plan, I will be there.

#37: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:06 am
    ----
Given a reasonable amount of notice to plan, I will be there

That's it, if we plan ahead and agree on a date, we could put together a group of people and have fun

Massimo

#38: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: warddw PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:49 pm
    ----
whats going to happen to the library??

#39: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:40 pm
    ----
- warddw
whats going to happen to the library??

It moves around September 2011.

#40: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:49 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
Given a reasonable amount of notice to plan, I will be there

That's it, if we plan ahead and agree on a date, we could put together a group of people and have fun

Massimo

I would be part of this group (if possible).. let me know.

P-O

#41: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:13 pm
    ----
I would be part of this group (if possible).. let me know.

I was already assuming that Cool

Massimo

#42: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:16 pm
    ----
This just popped up, looks like pretty much the same story

www.army.mil/-news/201...o-benning/

Neil

#43: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:15 pm
    ----
Over here is a old post of mine. I guess we can call it What used to be at Fort Knox. Something to look at on a snowy day........

CLICK HERE tinyurl.com/dgmwad

#44: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: panamadan PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:21 am
    ----
Great old photos that you have there. What happened to the old building?
Dan

#45: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:45 am
    ----
The LST building is still there. Don will know more about its future

-> AFV News Discussion Board