Microsoft readies emergency IE patch
-> Officer's Club

#1: Microsoft readies emergency IE patch Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:26 pm
    ----
I've deliberately not put this in the 'Software' area as not all the people who might need it frequent that section of the forum.

Microsoft readies emergency IE patch to counter public exploits
Here is the official confirmation from Microsoft that an out-of-band patch is coming. No official date yet.

Microsoft has started dropping broad hints that an emergency patch for Internet Explorer will be released very soon to counter targeted attacks and the publication of exploit code for a “browse and you’re owned” vulnerability in its flagship Web browser.

The out-of-band update will be released once the company is satisfied that it has been properly tested against all affected versions of Windows. This could happen as early as this weekend.

More HERE

#2: Re: Microsoft readies emergency IE patch Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:28 pm
    ----
*cough cough* ...FireFox...

Thanks for the 'heads up' Shades!

#3: Re: Microsoft readies emergency IE patch Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:17 pm
    ----
Np.
And for the more beady-eyed among you that should have read, "More", and not 'Moor'.
*sigh*

Incidentally, Firefox's 3.6 version finally went.., "final" today.
This 'final' release can be downloaded from Mozilla's website or as an update for users from your Firefox 'Help' menu.
Still won't work with my Norton toolbar though.
Or my HP Smart Print toolbar.
Other than that it seems okay.
Except it doesn't shut down properly.
Apart from that it should be fine.

#4: Re: Microsoft readies emergency IE patch Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:27 pm
    ----
Norton? What's that? (snickering)

What typo? ( Wink )

#5: Re: Microsoft readies emergency IE patch Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:21 pm
    ----
Norton, that must look silly, a motor bike on your computer. Smile

#6: Re: Microsoft readies emergency IE patch Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:23 am
    ----
Aww, I'd love a Norton!
The 850 Commando or the 90's Rotary engine.

#7: Re: Microsoft readies emergency IE patch Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:55 am
    ----
did 110mph on the back of 850 commando, my buddy was drunk and I was, well... in an altered state... thru town ... more luck than skill I am sure...

rode an 850 so fast down a dirt road then when I hit a mud-puddle the spray took my right shoe off LOL...

something about them makes you wanna get 10 foot tall and bullet proof...

No Slows were hurt in the making of these memories and Slow has since (1980) stopped getting schatfazed...

Slow out-

#8: Re: Microsoft readies emergency IE patch Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:40 am
    ----
lol Slow

#9: Re: Microsoft readies emergency IE patch Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:52 pm
    ----
- HF_SlowHand

No Slows were hurt in the making of these memories and Slow has since (1980) stopped getting schatfazed...

Slow out-

ROFLMAO...

#10: Re: Microsoft readies emergency IE patch Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:53 pm
    ----
- HF_SlowHand
did 110mph on the back of 850 commando, my buddy was drunk and I was, well... in an altered state... thru town ... more luck than skill I am sure...

rode an 850 so fast down a dirt road then when I hit a mud-puddle the spray took my right shoe off LOL...

something about them makes you wanna get 10 foot tall and bullet proof...

Slow out-

*ahem*
See "Norton Girls".

#11: Re: Microsoft readies emergency IE patch Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:15 am
    ----
*ahem*
See "Norton Girls".

I worry about you sometimes Ascout.
When I looked that up on Google, I got:-
Kings Norton Girls' School is an 11-19 girls' comprehensive school

Razz Razz

-> Officer's Club