interesting afghan scrap heap...
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: interesting afghan scrap heap... Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:25 am
    ----
I think these are pretty much old pics, i believe i posted them a year
or so ago in here, I have just posted 14 more of these pics over here at the CDSG site, feel free to copy but please credit the Patton Museum. These are part of a collection of 155 pics taken during the recovery of the FT-17's
here is the link to them
tinyurl.com/ybassel

#17: Re: interesting afghan scrap heap... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:30 am
    ----
I love the way you guys assume there is only one scrapyard in Afghanistan.

Good job you don't know about the one with the Disston & T-26's in it...

#18: Re: interesting afghan scrap heap... Author: Hanno_Spoelstra PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:56 am
    ----
Let´s just hope the Disston and T26's are not in this one . . .

www.cnn.com/video/?/vi...veyard.cnn

. . . as the Chinese are coming in to clear all the scrap tanks present there.

H.

#19: Re: interesting afghan scrap heap... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:57 pm
    ----
A lot of the Kabul one has already gone. I know of one company that bought 40 T55s and are converting them to fortifications for an unidentified far east country.

#20: Re: interesting afghan scrap heap... Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:32 pm
    ----
Hanno nice video, I wonder if the US is leaving the same scrap metal in Afghanistan when we leave?? or do we haul it all back to the states?

#21: Re: interesting afghan scrap heap... Author: Hanno_Spoelstra PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:51 pm
    ----
I know of one case where the Netherlands Army retrieved a damaged wheeled recovery vehicle from Afghanistan. The transport back to The Netherlands cost more than a new one! In such a case it would be better to leave military vehicles there and donate, sell or scrap them, unless they are of "strategic value".

Maybe we will do the same as we did in Indonesia. After we finally conceded to their quest for independence, we gave them all the weaponry we had used to fight them with. Of course this was all done in good spirit, as Indonesia had to have equipment for a proper army of their own, didn't they?

H.

#22: Re: interesting afghan scrap heap... Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:05 pm
    ----
we left a lot in Vietnam, but of course we left kind of fast.............

#23: Re: interesting afghan scrap heap... Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:54 pm
    ----
- Hanno_Spoelstra
we gave them all the weaponry

that is not completely true Wink

The Marine Brigade conquered an Japanese tank that the Indonesian army was using and it ended up at the Army Museum in Delft, The Netherlands Mr. Green
So we did not give them all the weaponry

If I'm getting annoying, let me know Twisted Evil

Michel

#24: Re: interesting afghan scrap heap... Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:15 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
- Michel_Krauss
the 2 Daimler Scout Cars??

These are rather "Armored Carriers, Wheeled, Indian Pattern, Mk IV"

Most probably the 2 last examples still surviving... Shocked

Didn't see tham at first..

Thanks Jim !!

P-O

well, thanks to "Sander D", I have found 2 more Armored Carriers, Wheeled, Indian Pattern in the Ahmednagar museum in India :

http://picasaweb.google.com/chaitanya.vedak/20090315PuneNagarOneDayTrip#5313669937731499522

http://picasaweb.google.com/chaitanya.vedak/20090315PuneNagarOneDayTrip#5313669910762826914

really glad to see them still existing !!

P-O

#25: Re: interesting afghan scrap heap... Author: Dennis_Smith PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:47 pm
    ----
Speaking of scrap piles in Indonesia, everyone may have already seen these:

www.project-x.org.uk/a...index.html

#26: Re: interesting afghan scrap heap... Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:16 pm
    ----
There is an picture of WW2 German MG34 on it

www.project-x.org.uk/a...mp017.html

I know some guy's who would kill to get one
Even in this bad condition Shocked

Michel

#27: Re: interesting afghan scrap heap... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:08 am
    ----
- Dennis_Smith
Speaking of scrap piles in Indonesia, everyone may have already seen these:

www.project-x.org.uk/a...index.html

The "home" link on that site leads to some interesting places....

...like an Abbott register:

www.project-x.org.uk/a...ister.html

SA-80 stuff....

www.project-x.org.uk/sa80.html

From there, some of the links get kind of...unusual.

#28: Re: interesting afghan scrap heap... Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:43 am
    ----
Is this photo showing the FT-17 which is now in France or is this a new FT-17 ?

www.modelforum.cz/view...start=1440

#29: Re: interesting afghan scrap heap... Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:49 pm
    ----
I think that it is Saumur's one.

P-O

#30: Re: interesting afghan scrap heap... Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:59 am
    ----
Have anyone a photo of the Musée des Blindés FT-17 showing it in Afganistan?

-> AFV News Discussion Board