Newbie and 155mm Howitzer
-> Artillery Forum

#1: Newbie and 155mm Howitzer Author: Maverick PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:11 pm
    ----
Hi Guys,
I'm a new member on here so I thought I would introduce myself to you all.

My name is Stuart and I'm a 32 year old truck driver. I live in Southern England and have been involved with military collecting and re-enacting most of my life but in 2001 I started collecting military hardware which is when I brought my M54 A2 which was built in 1968. Then in 2004 I brought the M332 ammo trailer and then in 2007 I brought my M1 A1 155mm Howitzer which is 1943 dated and is still LIVE. All of these vehicles needed restoration and were missing lots of parts and equipment.

Below is some photos of my M1 A1 155mm Howitzer which I thought I would share with you all, I hope you like it?

Does anybody know where I can find any parts, tools, canvas items or anything else artillery related or specifically anything for the 155mm Howitzer from WW2, Korea or Vietnam

Many thanks
Stuart

#2: Re: Newbie and 155mm Howitzer Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:27 am
    ----
Welcome

Hi Maverick

nice piece of hardware

Concerning the parts and related items, canon are not easy to buy or own here in the Netherlands Neutral

So buying or finding such items is difficult

(for you it is also difficult, I found your request on the HMVF forum Wink )

Michel

#3: Re: Newbie and 155mm Howitzer Author: Maverick PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:59 pm
    ----
Hi Guys
Its been a while so I thought I would ask.

Has anyone got or know where I can pick up anything related to the 155mm Howitzer ? WW2, Korea or Vietnam???

I picked up some good bits at the Belguim Military fair in Ciney at the weekend and i met a guy who had some 155mm powder charge boxes which were a barn find in Luxembourg.

Many thanks Razz

#4: Re: Newbie and 155mm Howitzer Author: Maverick PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:54 pm
    ----
PM Sent to Michel Krauss

#5: Re: Newbie and 155mm Howitzer Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:34 pm
    ----
Hi, Maverick...welcome to the forum!

Are those a couple of VN-era guntruck replicas I see in the background there in your photo? Can you tell us a little about them?

Sorry I don't have a lead on any bits for your piece, but if anyone here can help, I'm sure they will. Most of my experience with 155's was with the SP M109's that we had in our howitzer battery. Certainly they were a fixture at many firebases, but up north, they seemed often to be the 175mm and eight-inch SP variety.

Welcome

#6: Re: Newbie and 155mm Howitzer Author: boeman PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:29 am
    ----
You can actually afford such hardware on a truck driver's salary in the UK?

I'm obviously working in the wrong industry!

#7: Re: Newbie and 155mm Howitzer Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:03 pm
    ----
Hi Maverick

did you have any succes with the guy's of Armycars, Zwijndrecht Confused

Michel

-> Artillery Forum