some heavy equipment in Manila
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: some heavy equipment in Manila Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:03 am
    ----
Last week I saw some heavy equipment in Manila

#2: Re: some heavy equipment in Manila Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:05 am
    ----
A "Road Warrior Jeepney"....EXCELLENT!

#3: Re: some heavy equipment in Manila Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:35 am
    ----
Man, Jeepney trucks,

I remember seeing them when I visited Clark AFB in '82. Big misconception is they are actual jeeps, when in fact they are made from just about anything.

#4: Re: some heavy equipment in Manila Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:50 am
    ----
Filipinos can make anything out of anything or nothing as the case maybe. I saw a lot of Nissan Diesels in them, but i think they use anything that runs

#5: Re: some heavy equipment in Manila Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:17 am
    ----
Where are exact in Manila those LVTH6 ?

Are those the same LVTH6 which are in: www.massimocorner.com/..._LVT-5.pdf but only repainted?

#6: Re: some heavy equipment in Manila Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:25 pm
    ----
Filipinos can make anything out of anything or nothing as the case maybe.

Very true, necessity being the rule of thumb when you can't afford to buy the stuff you need. I imagine things are much different now. There was a thriving economy in black market goods coming from the Base. A lot of stuff in the markets still had the BX price tags or NSN's marked on them Rolling Eyes

#7: Re: some heavy equipment in Manila Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:40 am
    ----
bialy-r
The one with the white building in the background is in the Philippine Navy HQ at Roxas (former Dewey) Boulevard. The other one was taken at the Philippine Marine HQ at Fort Bonifacio (former Fort McKinley), my friend Tony just sent me the addresses, i'm not always sure where I am in Manila

-> AFV News Discussion Board