Pictures of M60s in Baraboo, WI
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Pictures of M60s in Baraboo, WI Author: dogtagsLocation: East Central Wisconsin PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:58 pm
    ----
There are 2 M60A3s in Baraboo, WI. I am unsure about the possibility of a third M60 that is listed on the AFV register.

Both are located at the Badger Ammunition Plant.
N 43° 22.137' W089° 46.080'
-and-
N 43° 22.135' W089° 46.080'

Photo of the north tank.

Photo of the south tank.

And you can view them on this map.

#2: Re: Pictures of M60s in Baraboo, WI Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:03 pm
    ----
Robert,
Thanks - I have those listed under the village of "North Freedom" (rather than Baraboo) since that's what that address comes up as in Google Maps.

Neil

#3: Re: Pictures of M60s in Baraboo, WI Author: dogtagsLocation: East Central Wisconsin PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:22 pm
    ----
Neil:

I just got off the phone with Verlyn Mueller of the Badger History Group, Inc.. He gave me some info about BAAP and the M60's.

Mr. Mueller states that BAAP is located in Sumpter but has a mailing address of Baraboo.

He went on to tell me that one of the M60-s was placed there by the Baraboo VFW and the other one by the Prairie du Sac VFW. That would be why you have listings for those two communities, but no location.

Check out their website as they are trying to get a museum there. Interesting stuff!

#4: Re: Pictures of M60s in Baraboo, WI Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:48 pm
    ----
Robert,
Thanks for the info. I've removed the seperate Baraboo & Prairie du Sac VFW listings and listed both M60A3s as at Badger in Baraboo.

Neil

#5: Re: Pictures of M60s in Baraboo, WI Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:11 am
    ----
Yet another mystery solved,

The TACOM listings only give the address of the organization who's signed for them. Makes for some interesting hunting once in a while. Covered a lot of miles in Mississippi (along with some other States) confirming some M60's there.

Robert, welcome aboard. Your site has filled some gaps in my M60 database. Still hoping SN 1020 or 998 show up some where.

#6: Re: Pictures of M60s in Baraboo, WI Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:25 am
    ----
Robert,

What Joe said, welcome aboard. Always good to have new posters with info to seek or to share.

P.S. You might want to edit your signature, the link to warmemorials.us is mis-spelled and thus, the link does not work. As it's apparently in your signature (the "your account" portion), I cannot edit it for you.

Welcome

D.

#7: Re: Pictures of M60s in Baraboo, WI Author: dogtagsLocation: East Central Wisconsin PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:44 pm
    ----
Doug:

Thank for the heads up on my sig. I got it fixed now.

Joe:

Do you have your master list somewhere online? It would be interesting to see.

Also, I think it was you that sent me the Sherman tank photo image. The picture that shows all the angles that one should get pictures from. I remember yellow and red circles and lines. I can't seem to find the digital copy I had. I think it went down in the crash.

#8: Re: Pictures of M60s in Baraboo, WI Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:24 am
    ----
Robert,

It wasn't me who sent you the Sherman stuff. Don't know that much about them other than the basics. I know little more on M60's and to a lesser extent M48's. I also Know M1's but there aren't that many on display so that knowledge isn't really needed much here.

I have an Excell type document that I track M60's with. I don't maintain it on line but I share the information with Neil to use in the AFV register.

-> AFV News Discussion Board