Grand Chute, WI - M60A3 photos
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Grand Chute, WI - M60A3 photos Author: dogtagsLocation: East Central Wisconsin PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:45 am
    ----
Here are a few shots I took of the M60A3 located in Grand Chute (Appleton), WI tonight.

Frontal view at night
Serial number 2923A w/ old SN Xed out
Close-up to try and figure out old SN
SN location again - different light angle
Close-up of above shot
SN area with light at another angle (again)
Close-up of above shot

Any thoughts of what the old SN might be? Does it even matter anymore?

#2: Re: Grand Chute, WI - M60A3 photos Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:43 am
    ----
Robert,

She's an Anniston Rebuild to M60A3. The original A1 SN looks like 2588 to me, early M60A1 hull. From the frontal shot you provided she looks to have the smaller round drivers escape hatch, which would be appropriate for that A1 SN, but it's hard to tell. You wouldn't happen to have checked it? The hull should also have three of the lighter vertical lifting eyes along the sides. Do you have any other shots of her ?

#3: Re: Grand Chute, WI - M60A3 photos Author: dogtagsLocation: East Central Wisconsin PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:45 pm
    ----
Joe:

I'll be driving right by it again tonight. I can check it out. I don't have my camera with me though.

If you tell me what to look for I can report it back to you. Although there are quite a few M60s in WI, I know very little about them. Heck, I didn't know there was a driver's escape hatch on M60s!

#4: Re: Grand Chute, WI - M60A3 photos Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:24 am
    ----
Robert,

Try this from the download section.

M60_spotters_guide.pdf

It should help with the basics. Piney did some great work.

#5: Re: Grand Chute, WI - M60A3 photos Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:02 am
    ----
Here are a pair of shots from a 2004 visit to Appleton.

Cheers!

#6: Re: Grand Chute, WI - M60A3 photos Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:22 am
    ----
I also could use some better pics of the Sherman there, thanks!

Neil

#7: Re: Grand Chute, WI - M60A3 photos Author: dogtagsLocation: East Central Wisconsin PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:55 pm
    ----
Neil:

You should have told me that sooner! No problem though. I go by it everyday I work. The station I work out of is about 1/2 mile from the Legion.

#8: Re: Grand Chute, WI - M60A3 photos Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:14 pm
    ----
Sorry, I just realized last night I was relying on GoogleMaps Streetview as my picture link for the Sherman.

Neil

#9: Re: Grand Chute, WI - M60A3 photos Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:33 am
    ----
Here are some of our shots of the M4 in Appleton.

-> AFV News Discussion Board