Joe Fazio's StuG III at Brent Mullin's shop...?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Joe Fazio's StuG III at Brent Mullin's shop...? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:52 pm
    ----
http://www.austinarmorbuilders.com/Gallery/Gallery_Chris_De_Haven.htm

[img]http://www.austinarmorbuilders.com/Gallery/..%5Cimages%5CBrent_Mullin%5CStugIIIAusfG%5CBrent_Mullin_StugG_021.jpg[/img]

I can tell without any doubt that this is Joe Fazio's StuG III (without the side skirts). Wonder how and why it ended up at Brent Mullin's shop. Is it for sale??

According to the guy who published this gallery :
"In April 2009, We took a road trip to Brent Mullin's Open house in College Station, Texas. We met up with some of the Central Texas Scale Modeling Society members. Chris and his team went to the Barn area and we decided to head home early. We didn't know that Brent had a restored StuG III Ausf. G and had it in the barn. The guys from CTSMS we able to get a close up look at this beauty. Chris has graciously made his photographs available for our viewing pleasure. Photographs by Chris De Haven."

P-O

#2: Re: Joe Fazio's StuG III at Brent Mullin's shop...? Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:30 am
    ----
www.austinarmorbuilder...gG_017.jpg

Not often you see a pretty girl standing in front of a grubby old fighting vehicle.

#3: Re: Joe Fazio's StuG III at Brent Mullin's shop...? Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:35 pm
    ----
- Maple_Leaf_Eh
http://www.austinarmorbuilders.com/Gallery/..%5Cimages%5CBrent_Mullin%5CStugIIIAusfG%5CBrent_Mullin_StugG_017.jpg

Not often you see a pretty girl standing in front of a grubby old fighting vehicle.
Hi,

The picture is much better than it would be without the girl! I guess we all need to add something new to our "photography kit"... Surprised

I wonder if she'll fit in the pocket next to the spare batteries? Shocked Smile

C

#4: Re: Joe Fazio's StuG III at Brent Mullin's shop...? Author: WimD.Location: The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:19 pm
    ----
Hi,

Is there a problem with the gun? Please look to the pictures.

Wim.

#5: Re: Joe Fazio's StuG III at Brent Mullin's shop...? Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:15 pm
    ----
Like most of these vehicles the air pressure has fallen in the recuperator so the gun moves into the recoil position...

#6: Re: Joe Fazio's StuG III at Brent Mullin's shop...? Author: WimD.Location: The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:07 pm
    ----
Hello Jim,

I understand what you mean, but I thought a gun recoils with springs and oil?

Regards,
Wim.

#7: Re: Joe Fazio's StuG III at Brent Mullin's shop...? Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:18 pm
    ----
Diagrams always work best...
Smile

As you can imagine if the compressed air leaks out then the weight of the barrel pulls the gun back into the recoilled position. Most guns also have springs in the buffers but generally they are not enough to hold the gun in position.

#8: Re: Joe Fazio's StuG III at Brent Mullin's shop...? Author: WimD.Location: The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:30 pm
    ----
Hello Jim,

Thank you for your answer.
30 years ago I was a loader on a Centurion Tank with a 105 mm gun, many times I had to check the oil in the "buffer".
Never heard (I can not remember) of a recuperator.

Never to old to learn something!

Regards,
Wim.

#9: Re: Joe Fazio's StuG III at Brent Mullin's shop...? Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:30 pm
    ----
We have an artist in our midst!

#10: Re: Joe Fazio's StuG III at Brent Mullin's shop...? Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:42 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
We have an artist in our midst!

More like art thief Wink

-> AFV News Discussion Board