Sinsheim. German AFVs
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Sinsheim. German AFVs Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:19 pm
    ----
More vehicles from the museum. Pz III N:

Massimo

#2: Re: Sinsheim. German AFVs Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:22 pm
    ----
I am not that happy about the shots covering the Hummel. Anyway, here you can see a few:

Massimo

#3: Re: Sinsheim. German AFVs Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:13 pm
    ----
The Pz IV:

Massimo

#4: Re: Sinsheim. German AFVs Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:29 pm
    ----
The guy (mannequin) standing in the Hummel needs to visit his chiropractor!

Chuck

#5: Re: Sinsheim. German AFVs Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:04 am
    ----
There aren't that many Marder around, so I think it derseves more pictures:

Massimo

#6: Re: Sinsheim. German AFVs Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:05 am
    ----
StuH 42 10.5 cm here:
www.com-central.net/in...8664#88664

Massimo

Last edited by Massimo_Foti on Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

#7: Re: Sinsheim. German AFVs Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:23 am
    ----
Awesome stuff, Thanks for posting.

Its my understanding that the Hummel is the former property of the Patton Museum that was 'returned' in the 60's. She looks beautiful. I believe she is operational also.

Regards
Don

#8: Re: Sinsheim. German AFVs Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:13 am
    ----
The Hummel we returned was the early-type with the separate driver compartment, not the full width type seen here. I think ours went to Panzer Museum at Munster.

#9: Re: Sinsheim. German AFVs Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:30 am
    ----
First time I have seen a Marder with a canvas cover for the fighting compartment. Was this an issue item, or something the museum made up. I don't remember seeing any photos with this cover.

#10: Re: Sinsheim. German AFVs Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:36 am
    ----
Nice pictures, Massimo, as always....

Is it known what made the four (maybe five) visible penetrations on the Mk IV front?

D.

#11: Re: Sinsheim. German AFVs Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:12 am
    ----
@Don. See Gary's answer, that Hummel went to Munster. Another Hummel from APG went to Wehrtechnische Studiensammlung in Koblenz, Germany

@Tanklord. I have seen wartime pics with the canvas, but I am not sure if the one in the Museum matches an issue item. Anyway there are only two Marder H in the world, this one and another in Trieste, Italy (I posted pictures of it last year)

@Doug. Based on Trevor's book this Pz IV come from Saumur. It has heavier penetrations along the running gear

Massimo

#12: Re: Sinsheim. German AFVs Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:20 am
    ----
More battle damages on Pz IV:

Massimo

#13: Re: Sinsheim. German AFVs Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:41 pm
    ----
Stug III here:
www.com-central.net/in...8664#88664

Massimo

Last edited by Massimo_Foti on Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

#14: Re: Sinsheim. German AFVs Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:35 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
@Doug. Based on Trevor's book this Pz IV come from Saumur. It has heavier penetrations along the running gear

Yes, here's the link:

preservedtanks.com/Pro...Select=127

-> AFV News Discussion Board