Thun SHP. LTL-H (aka Pz 39)
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Thun SHP. LTL-H (aka Pz 39) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:56 pm
    ----
Another jewel from the SHP collection. It's a runner, with diesel engine, in perfect conditions up to the smaller detail.

I included a few details to give a better feeling of its conditions and unusual fittings:

Massimo

#2: Re: Thun SHP. LTL-H (aka Pz 39) Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:07 pm
    ----
They have worked really hard on the details - I'm impressed.

#3: Re: Thun SHP. LTL-H (aka Pz 39) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:13 pm
    ----
The Pz 39s in Schaffausen and Full are in very good shape too, but this is quite amazing. It's the same for the FT-17 and the wonderful Universal Carrier you can see in the background. No need to say pictures of those beuties will follow soon Wink

Massimo

#4: Re: Thun SHP. LTL-H (aka Pz 39) Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:07 am
    ----
Very impressive!

#5: Re: Thun SHP. LTL-H (aka Pz 39) Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:33 pm
    ----
Latest pics up:

Uid 825: SHP Pz39

Massimo, since this Pz 39 was assembled in Switerland I need a write up of the factory so I can include a link on the map for this Pz39 and other diesel ones. I understand it was Berna, Olten. It will also be applicable to the NK I, and perhaps other vehicles. Would you be interested in doing it?

#6: Re: Thun SHP. LTL-H (aka Pz 39) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:00 am
    ----
Are you sure it was assembled by Berna and not Thun's Arsenal? I am away from home so I can't check my books.

If they were assembled in Thun (like Pz 58, 61 and 68), the location should be more or less the one were RUAG Land System is currently located:
www.ruag.com/en/Land_S...stems_Home

Massimo

#7: Re: Thun SHP. LTL-H (aka Pz 39) Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:04 pm
    ----
No, from my sources it was definitely Berna - but anyway I was going to ask you if you'd be interested in writing up Thun Arsenal next!

As you say, that's where the Panzer 58-68 tanks were designed and built, but I understand it's also where the NK II was designed and built, and where the SHP Leopard 2 would have been assembled.

Oh, and other stuff:

www.foundfeatherfarm.c...rSale.html

#8: Re: Thun SHP. LTL-H (aka Pz 39) Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:24 pm
    ----
Massimo, thanks for the RUAG link - it has enabled me to start the process with a placeholder:

Eidgenössische Konstruktions-Werkstätte (K+W), Thun

To facilitate this I've created a new model entry for the 'Panzer 87' (previously just another Leopard 2), a bit like I did for the Swiss AMX-13, so it can have it's own manufacturer link. The only thing is, it does make for a slightly silly map since the factory and museum are just on opposite sides of the road!

SHP Panzer 87

-> AFV News Discussion Board