Thun army base. LTL-H (aka Pz 39)
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Thun army base. LTL-H (aka Pz 39) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:09 pm
    ----
As far as I know this is the first time pictures of this tank are published on the internet. It's used as monument inside the base, not that far away from the famous Panzermuseum, actually there is just a footbal field separating it from the outdoor collection. Yet it looks like nobody, including me, spotted it before. Very special thanks to Tobias and Martin Haudenschild for pointing me to it.

Looks like Pierre-Olivier will add another entry to the relevant PDF Smile

Massimo

Last edited by Massimo_Foti on Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Thun army base. LTL-H (aka Pz 39) Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:08 am
    ----
I have a feeling members of this board will be discovering jewels like this for a while.

No telling what remains to be found.

#3: Re: Thun army base. LTL-H (aka Pz 39) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:27 am
    ----
I have a feeling members of this board will be discovering jewels like this for a while

Me too. And I believe the best way to do is by working "in the field", visit the places, talk with the people, try to establish connections with other enthusiasts.

I am also sure there are great surprises waiting for us in places that aren't usually covered, outside Western Europe and North America. For example, tracking the L 3 italian tankettes, I realize there are more in Brasil than the ones I can find pictures on the web.

BTW This trip to Thun lead to more discoveries

Massimo

#4: Re: Thun army base. LTL-H (aka Pz 39) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:08 am
    ----
Well, the Haudenschild family was definitely the family to meet. Thanks to them, we know even more preserved WW2 tanks.
I'm really happy that Massimo finally visited the Thun SHP with them.

P-O

#5: Re: Thun army base. LTL-H (aka Pz 39) Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:12 am
    ----
I sincerely hope someone can help me find out what happened to the 105 mm auf Lorraine schlepper in Basrah Iraq since it was found in 2003. In may 2005 It had its sidearmour removed by a local scrapdealer. There the info ends.

#6: Re: Thun army base. LTL-H (aka Pz 39) Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:02 pm
    ----
This tank and Massimo's pics are now up on PTC:

Uid 1211: Thun base Pz39

-> AFV News Discussion Board