Abandoned Sherman on youtube
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Abandoned Sherman on youtube Author: horrocks PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:56 pm
    ----
So whats that story here...?

www.youtube.com/watch?...re=related

#2: Re: Abandoned Sherman on youtube Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:43 pm
    ----
Read the txt below?

This is a very rare M4 JUMBO sherman, still where it was knocked out in 1944, it hs since been removed to the Brussels army museeum and replaced by a hybrid sherman consisting of a? firefly hull and a 75mm turret.

#3: Re: Abandoned Sherman on youtube Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:08 pm
    ----
That is awesome !!

Having spent many hours cleaning out debris & artifacts from 'Cobra King' the video helps me understand other JUMBOS.

It appears to me there was a fire on the Drivers side of the vehicle, to include possible interior fire damage. Of course there is evidence of the interior having been stripped.

Unfortunately the data plate is missing. Its easy to see the mountings where it used to be, when the camera pans around the drivers compartment.

Awesome stuff. Thanks for the link !!
Regards
Don

#4: Re: Abandoned Sherman on youtube Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:39 pm
    ----
Nice video - I've added a link to PTC:

www.preservedtanks.com...Select=127

The video's nearly as old as my photos!

#5: Re: Abandoned Sherman on youtube Author: horrocks PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:34 am
    ----
- VonForhud
Read the txt below?

I didn't think of that! I tend to avoid reading the viewers comments on youtube, as they too often comprise folk hurling abuse at each other.

So filmed in 1990. It seems extraordinary that it appears to have sat there with all the hatches open for 45 years and was still in any condition at all. Even the interior paint wasn't too bad. Presumably the exterior was maintained.

I do now seem to remember seeing a photo of this vehicle, I think in an After The Battle magazine years ago.

-> AFV News Discussion Board